Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P228 keep or move it along been in the Safe for 2 years

To me, it all depends on your situation.
    Most of the guns I've acquired were bought after giving careful consideration to the decision.
    Perhaps because of that, I've almost always later regretted getting rid of a gun. I avoid getting
    rid of them because of that now. I'm not in the position of needing to sell something before I can
    buy something else that I currently want. (Within reason - not talking about vintage side-by-side shotguns or Single Action Armys. Those are outta my price range.)

On the other hand, if your guns/ammo/reloading budget is at its max target and you really need
    to get rid of something you don't use to stay in budget - the answer is more obvious.

You shoot the P229 better than the P228. I wonder why ?

I shoot my retired P229 40S&W pretty good.
    My P229 turn out to be a nice shooter and still has a lot of life so I'm keeping it .

I carry a HK P30S in 9mm

Vending Machine Operator
    The P229 seems to be the .40 olive branch that even .40 haters must admit is a pretty darn pleasant package.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Keep that P228, it cannot be replaced.

Just keep it for now....unless you need the money.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

At this point I tell people to keep any gun that can't be immediately replaced unless they really need the cash. If it was a glock or an m&p, sure go ahead and sell it. If you regret it later you can go into any gun store in the country and replace it in minutes. Not so for a P228.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I can't count the number of times I've sold off stuff only to buy more later. The 228 can'd be easily replaced so I'd be careful of sending it up the street. I'm an odd ball in that the 228 is my least favorite SIG, but I'm not selling the one in my safe.

I sold mine off after I realized it had sat in the safe for about 4-5 years without being fired. No real sentimental value for the gun, so it was sold to fund things I would shoot regularly.

I have no regrets.

I just sold a Gray guns P228 that had been in the safe for a few years. Great pistol, just never shot it.

User Tag List