Thread: Weird Glock 17L malfunction/odditie

Weird Glock 17L malfunction/oddity

I have a Glock 17L that I use for fun matches. I was shooting it last weekend at a, "zombie," match when I experienced at Type III malfunction, which was cleared, then went back to firing, and experienced another type III. I sidelined the pistol, and ran a G34 in its place.

Upon inspection, when the slide on the 17L is pulled to the rear, it will often open to the point where only about 1/2 the ejection port/chamber is open. I don't notice anything on field stripping that is preventing the slide from moving freely.

Thoughts?

Site Supporter
    Cracked Locking Block or pins?

No cracks in the pins or in the locking block that I can detect with the naked eye.

To clarify, now that I've sat there and fiddled with this pistol for HOURS, the slide retracts to where it is just flush with the rear of the chamber hood, but no further, and not always far enough to lock the slide in the open position.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    No cracks in the pins or in the locking block that I can detect with the naked eye.

To clarify, now that I've sat there and fiddled with this pistol for HOURS, the slide retracts to where it is just flush with the rear of the chamber hood, but no further, and not always far enough to lock the slide in the open position.
    Check for a bulged barrel.

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Maybe the recoil spring guid rod is binding some how?
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Want to see a pic of this.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Very interesting. Hope the issue is resolved quickly, Sherman.

User Tag List