Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Star Wars Episode VII

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I like Star Wars, and I fit into none of the pigeon holes Mr Asshat wants to dump fans in to. One of those "I'd like to see him tell me that to my face" moments.

The biggest Star Wars geek I know, literally and figuratively, is 6'4 and like 285lbs, has a bench press well above 450lbs, and builds his own computers from scratch,......he no fit the description either.
    In high school, the only guy I knew who went to an Ivy League school was drafted by the Bears...got cut later on, but his degree in finance from freaking Princeton might help him with being successful in the world. Nicest guy I ever met, damn tough running back, and he was my tutor in AP Chemistry. Genius in science, mathematics, etc...

The guy who got me hooked in fantasy (George Martin, Star Wars, LOTR) was 6'2 and 245 lbs with a bench press that I couldn't even fathom at the time (I was not athletic, but I was winning trophies in shooting sports at the time as a high schooler, so I wasn't the typical nerd either). I knew it was more than three plates. The only athletic activity this guy couldn't do was rollerblading...which gave us all a chuckle to see his big ass rolling down a hill flailing his arms and running into everything that could be run into. He was a band kid...much to the consternation of the football coach, who saw this guy in conditioning and the powerlifting camps every season and practically got on his hands and knees and begged him to play for them. He never did. But then he did end up getting a degree in chemical engineering from Northwestern in Evantson. Pretty sure he works for some big company and takes home a fairly fat paycheck.

Nerds, as they are known by people who don't attend high school in a John Hughes movie, are a very diverse group, inclusive of many body types, personalities, and physiques. It is only the very insecure who seem to insist that just because one is intelligent, one cannot be physically strong or attractive or that just because one is physically strong or attractive, one cannot be intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Hangin's too good for 'em... Burning's too good for 'em …
    Should they be torn into little bitsy pieces and buried alive?
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

"The Raid" Action trio tapped for Force Awakens

Will some badass jedi have to fight their way to kill Jaba at the top of a lightsaber- and blaster-filled Mos Eisley tenement house?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    Should they be torn into little bitsy pieces and buried alive?
    Dunno why, but I love that flick. When I was a kid, I found the vinyl album at my grandmother's house. It found its way there by way of my aunt (mom's younger sister), who was into that kind of music. I used to play that record constantly on the old console stereo in the living room. This was roughly 30 years ago.

Doesn't seem that long. :|

Chris

We used to hit midnight showings at the theater in high school - heavy metal one month, rocky horror the next. I subscribed to the magazine until I moved in with my now wife, who was scandalized.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I've always hoped they would make movies based on the Rouge squadron books or perhaps I jedi

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    "The Raid" Action trio tapped for Force Awakens

Will some badass jedi have to fight their way to kill Jaba at the top of a lightsaber- and blaster-filled Mos Eisley tenement house?
    Han better have a lot of blaster ammo to take on those dudes or it won't matter how strong his OODA is.

User Tag List