Page 66 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obligatory Show Off Thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I have envy.
    Thanks

The K32 was pure accident. I walked into a shop that seldom had anything of note and happened to notice the 6" k-frame. I assumed it was a later version of my K38 until I noticed the bore was a bit smaller.

There is some rash on the cylinder and frame as if someone set it down too hard on concrete, but it is mechanically perfect and the bore is clean and clear. Unfortunately, I haven't shot it much. I always seem to have other guns that need shootin' when it's range time.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeto View Post
    What sights are on your sig?
    Not 45R - but they look like Warren tactical sights.

Something a little Old School...

Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    Nice. I like those old sodbusters.

Even though I've owned some nice "tactical" knives in the past, most of the time I'm carrying some flavor of slipjoint. Most of the time it's my CSC Cannitler.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Nice. I like those old sodbusters.

Even though I've owned some nice "tactical" knives in the past, most of the time I'm carrying some flavor of slipjoint. Most of the time it's my CSC Cannitler.

Chris
    Thanks. I really like that knife but it's just a little too large for me to carry it comfortable in a pocket. I had the sheath made on a whim and the knife gets a lot more use now.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Thanks

The K32 was pure accident. I walked into a shop that seldom had anything of note and happened to notice the 6" k-frame. I assumed it was a later version of my K38 until I noticed the bore was a bit smaller.

There is some rash on the cylinder and frame as if someone set it down too hard on concrete, but it is mechanically perfect and the bore is clean and clear. Unfortunately, I haven't shot it much. I always seem to have other guns that need shootin' when it's range time.

Chris
    I absolutely enjoy shooting .32's. Even though I have a fairly substantial stash of factory ammo I decided reloading and eventually casting was the route to take with mine. Factory ammo is too expensive and too anemic to get the best out of the cartridge in my opinion.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    I reload for the 32S&W (and 32-20), but don't cast for it yet. I'm set up for casting, just not 32cal bullets. I haven't found a suitable mould yet.

I like to keep my 32 loads mild though. I think of it mainly has a slightly more powerful 22. I also have an old 32 hand ejector that I don't want to work too hard.

Chris

That's prudent thinking on the Hand Ejector, especially if it's an I frame. I'm still tinkering with loads, I don't want primer buglers but my J's and K should be able to handle a little more than the SAAMI spec loads designed for the old Iver-Johnson's and H&R's.
    Julius Caesar

Got the second of my 10 gun pistol racks last week.

Happiness is an organized safe. Now to figure out how best to manage the long gun side:

User Tag List