Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Painting Real Guns' Muzzles Orange??? (Airsoft Mimicry?)

Painting Real Guns' Muzzles Orange??? (Airsoft Mimicry?)

Beyond the main topic of the article, in the comments section I notice some folks talking about BG's painting the muzzles of real guns orange to gain some kind of advantage, i.e., a delay in response. I always thought I was clever when rid my Airsofts of the ugly orange tip but I never considered the reverse. (I'd never make a good bad guy I guess.)

Is this actually happening? BG's are painting real guns???

http://bearingarms.com/spokanes-poli...campaign=nl_pm
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Bad news for kids everywhere......
    "You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" Ogden Nash

"We have met the enemy, and he is us." Pogo

I was aware of the idea 10 years ago. Still not a good one though.
    Participation does not equal Proficiency
    - Mike Pannone

I took a Givens class in South Carolina last year. It was held at a police range. T

here was a wall of things to look out for, it included a photo of a pump shotgun painted to look like a super-soaker water gun (purple and lime green).

Even if it was not true, the police certainly believe it is.

Haven't we had a couple of court rulings in the subject already where use of force was justified against a realistic looking weapon, even if it turned out to be a toy? Seems pretty simple to me. Point a gun at some stranger and run the risk of getting dead.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Haven't we had a couple of court rulings in the subject already where use of force was justified against a realistic looking weapon, even if it turned out to be a toy?
    This threads more about real guns painted to look like toys.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

There was some dumb fool a couple years ago open carrying an AK pistol with the tip painted orange claiming that it might prevent cops from shooting him...

The Super soaker thing eas actually a colored shotgun inside a hollowed our super soaker iirc. There was a while PDF out there full of that stuff.

Sent via Tapatalk and still using real words.

Site Supporter
    I've seen weapons alerts going back 10-15 years regarding real handguns being painted orange and lime green to create hesitation when confronted by LE. If I recall correctLy in addition to the shotgun painted in super soaker colors, the was another SRT regarding a pistol grip moss erg 500 which was concealed inside a gutted super soaker shell.

I'll just leave this right here.

User Tag List