Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Top Ten Reasons to Shoot IDPA, from Handguns 2010

Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    If you make something a game, then people want to win.
    This. And that people shoot and compete for all different reasons and want to use all different equipment, so building rules around high performance concealed carry like I would want to do, I don't think would be very broadly popular.

FWIW, one of the main aspects I like about shooting the way I do in Limited in USPSA is that I really don't feel burdened or constrained by the rules. The worst thing, off the top of my head, is the fact that it is a cold range, and I've learned to deal with that. I very much just show up and shoot how I want to shoot, solve the stages how I want to solve them, and with the equipment I want to use. While part of me wants there to be a division more appropriate to my chosen gear, at this point I know there doesn't really need to be and I am just really happy that there is a place for me to compete in USPSA the way I want to. If I had to (like if I were a laser or optics guy), I would shoot Open and it would still be great.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Except now it is ridiculous anyway as people still have competition only equipment.

We have a kittening thread about what vest... No one wears vests yet if one wants to be competitive I'll need to buy one, and not just any old vest, I might as well get the fastest one out there.

Don't tell me about gamers...
    OK...........John Farnam does, but it's leather. Exception proving the rule and all that.

I have an office in Salt Lake, UT. Not only does the state instructor we use out there conceal under a vest, so do several of my employees. A vest in IDPA is valid for how I carry when I carry concealed (OWB under a suit jacket or Windbreaker). In using a vest I don't have to worry about ruining a Sport Coat and it is much cooler on the range in the summer. There are those the vest are very valid for and other's it's not. Let's not throw everyone in the same pot.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by rsa-otc View Post
    I have an office in Salt Lake, UT. Not only does the state instructor we use out there conceal under a vest, so do several of my employees. A vest in IDPA is valid for how I carry when I carry concealed (OWB under a suit jacket or Windbreaker). In using a vest I don't have to worry about ruining a Sport Coat and it is much cooler on the range in the summer. There are those the vest are very valid for and other's it's not. Let's not throw everyone in the same pot.
    I wear a vest quite often; a fleece vest in South Dakota is about as grey man as I can get.

I wear a fleece vest or a wind vest for about 1/2 the year even here. I also carry under a sports coat quite a bit, which acts a lot like a 5.11 vest

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    My wife would love it if I wore a vest regularly, but so far I've been ordering my suits without them.

Sometimes at work I wear a construction vest.

I would enjoy seeing people shoot IDPA with either of these vests.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    My wife would love it if I wore a vest regularly, but so far I've been ordering my suits without them.

You should check out some of Headhunter's videos on YouTube.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post

Customer submitted pic, I blurred out their face to protect their identity.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Excellent.

This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

I need to start shooting the spring and fall matches wearing a sport coat. Otherwise, I'll shoot them wearing an untucked, button-up shirt buttoned the way I wear it in the street. Because honestly, other than changing ammo, I shoot IDPA with the same clothing and the same gear and the same pistols that I wear every day.

User Tag List