Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Model 13

A fine choice! I have a M13 3" barrel. Those fixed sights will shoot point of aim with 158-160 gr bullets. I have heard one should not use magnums under 158gr by reason of excessive heat and gas in the forcing cone area. A very high level of quality for the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    You're welcome. I hope it's helpful.
    +1 to kudos for your list Wheeler. I knew a couple of those but not others. I might laminate it on a 3x5 card and keep it in my wallet.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    FWIW, an invaluable tool for the novice wheelgunner checking out a used roundgun is this thread here.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Not much to add, but threads always need gratuitous pics:

13-1

Site Supporter
    Excuse me for a second while I wipe the drool off the keyboard.

Those stocks make me wobbly at the knees.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    That is one dead-sexy sixgun.

FWIW, the very first gun store I started hanging out at when I was in high school had a couple of crusty old fixtures who thought that that gun rag columnist and his infatuation with Gov't Model jammomatics was some passing fad and that the 3" Model 13 was the ultimate CCW sidearm ever devised by the mind of man.

A lot of water's gone under the bridge since then, but I'd be lying if I said that I've entirely shaken that hoary old idea out of my head.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    That is one dead-sexy sixgun.

FWIW, the very first gun store I started hanging out at when I was in high school had a couple of crusty old fixtures who thought that that gun rag columnist and his infatuation with Gov't Model jammomatics was some passing fad and that the 3" Model 13 was the ultimate CCW sidearm ever devised by the mind of man.

A lot of water's gone under the bridge since then, but I'd be lying if I said that I've entirely shaken that hoary old idea out of my head.
    I honestly think a majority of the public would be well served with a 3-4 inch medium framed .38/.357 revolver with fixed sights. My wife was a perfect example. She wasn't that into guns (lord knows she could have had anything she wanted), was realistic enough to know that she should have a handgun around as I worked nights through most of our marriage, she liked to shoot but didn't like to go shooting. She had a Model 65 3 inch (now my daughter's) that she was very good with. She had the same ammunition in it for home use until her passing as the first day it went into the nightstand drawer, and maybe shot 100-200 rounds through it total. I felt no issues with it with her as she was happy with it and how she shot with it, and the manual of arms matched her dedication.

I would have zero issues with carrying a medium to large frame 2.5" to 4" revolver these days in retirement and out to pasteur. For a majority of what my life is, it is still a good option.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    +1 to kudos for your list Wheeler. I knew a couple of those but not others. I might laminate it on a 3x5 card and keep it in my wallet.
    Oh gawd! Please fix all the typos first!
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I honestly think a majority of the public would be well served with a 3-4 inch medium framed .38/.357 revolver with fixed sights. My wife was a perfect example. She wasn't that into guns (lord knows she could have had anything she wanted), was realistic enough to know that she should have a handgun around as I worked nights through most of our marriage, she liked to shoot but didn't like to go shooting. She had a Model 65 3 inch (now my daughter's) that she was very good with. She had the same ammunition in it for home use until her passing as the first day it went into the nightstand drawer, and maybe shot 100-200 rounds through it total. I felt no issues with it with her as she was happy with it and how she shot with it, and the manual of arms matched her dedication.

I would have zero issues with carrying a medium to large frame 2.5" to 4" revolver these days in retirement and out to pasteur. For a majority of what my life is, it is still a good option.
    Your wife must know my wife. I'm trying to convince mine that she "needs" a 3" SP101........so I might be able to get my old 3" 65 back. The revolver is THE weapon for someone who isn't a shooter or interested in become one.

Ken

I would love to see the 3" 64's and/or 13's produced again. Without that stupid lock though.

I agree that this would be a perfect pistol for many out there. And I have a hard time believing that S&W couldn't sell enough of them to justify bring them back.

User Tag List