Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will High Round Count Pistol Shooting Cause Damage to an Automatic Watch?

Will High Round Count Pistol Shooting Cause Damage to an Automatic Watch?

Recently acquired a Graham Chronofighter automatic. I like it so much I never take it off. Could wearing it in a high round count pistol class (600 rounds 9mm a day for three days) cause damage to the automatic movement? How about .45?

If you're worried about it, just take the watch off during the class.

BTW, if your biggest concern is whether or not you can wear a high-end watch during a pistol class, you're officially out of real problems.

We are diminished
    I don't know anything about the Graham. I've worn the following watches through literally tens of thousands of rounds of shooting each without any detectable degradation of accuracy or performance:
    • Breitling B1 (thermocomp quartz)
    • Breitling Colt (thermocomp quartz)
    • Kobold Polar Surveyor Tactical (automatic based on 7750 movement)
    • Omega Planet Ocean (co-axial auto)
    • Omega SMP (auto)
    • Sinn 757 UTC (automatic based on 7750 movement)
    • Sinn UX (thermocomp quartz)

Cool, thanks for the response.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I don't know anything about the Graham. I've worn the following watches through literally tens of thousands of rounds of shooting each without any detectable degradation of accuracy or performance:
    • Breitling B1 (thermocomp quartz)
    • Breitling Colt (thermocomp quartz)
    • Kobold Polar Surveyor Tactical (automatic based on 7750 movement)
    • Omega Planet Ocean (co-axial auto)
    • Omega SMP (auto)
    • Sinn 757 UTC (automatic based on 7750 movement)
    • Sinn UX (thermocomp quartz)
    Lucky bastard!!!

I usually trade my Sea Master for a G-Shock while shooting so it doesn't get messed up, plus, well...tactical and stuff at least now I know not to worry about it.

Red face

My ironman seems to be holding up just fine. But this one is top of the line... I paid 34.95 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Munson View Post
    My ironman seems to be holding up just fine. But this one is top of the line... I paid 34.95 for it.
    *cough* gearsnob *cough*

My Seamaster auto and Seiko auto have been through quite a lot of rounds without any long term ill effects. Both will run just a tad fast for a day of and then settle down to normal. Same thing happens when they come off the winder so I don't worry about it too much.

Site Supporter
    I wouldnt be so worried about the automatic movement, most are relatively shock resistant. I would be more worried about scratching them up needlessly. Whats wrong with an aforementioned gshock or Ironman while at a course? Thats what I do.

User Tag List