Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rash of Shield .40 Kabooms?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I have to say that I have gone from being a squeeing .40-cal fangirl back in the mid-Nineties* to being pretty well completely cooled off on the chambering now.

*True Fact: The first pistol I bought after I started working at the gun store was a stainless Ruger P-91DAO. I could not hit a barn from the inside with the door closed with that thing. Of course, I wasn't much better with the Glock 23 that replaced it...
    I went through the .40 thing from about '97-'02, then again very briefly in '04. I'm done with all that now.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by jkurtz7 View Post
    I went through the .40 thing from about '97-'02, then again very briefly in '04. I'm done with all that now.
    I went from .40 to .45. Not because I thought it was God's caliber, but because it's what God's gun seemed to work best with.

(Now I carry a fungible plastic squirtgun full of Europellets and sometimes, in the deep quiet of the night, I miss my deeply held religious convictions.)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I went from .40 to .45. Not because I thought it was God's caliber, but because it's what God's gun seemed to work best with.

(Now I carry a fungible plastic squirtgun full of Europellets and sometimes, in the deep quiet of the night, I miss my deeply held religious convictions.)
    I started with 9mm, then went to the .40, back to 9mm, then .45 for two years (God's gun didn't work for me, wasn't reliable.). Now it's all 9mm, I never should have left it.

Between 9mm, 357sig, 10mm and .45acp, .40sw serves "me" no purpose. I carry 9mm daily and since switching over to Hk's have learned to appreciate .45acp.

I'm not pro but Caliber debate hate are pretty stupid and irrelevant. "Carry what you shoot well and can hit your target with, at distance while moving." I know of one tall hairy instructor who regularly babbles about his PMR30's, lol. I guess when your at that kind of level of proficiency, even getting down to that caliber doesn't matter much. I say minimum 9mm for a good balance effectiveness, cost to train and ability to obtain. If you want .40, go have a good time, I don't have any ammo for you to mooch. :0)
    _________In celebration of Ramadan, I'll be eating Pork all month. You're Welcome._______________________

I have to say that now I'm wondering how the "hesitation blowback" on the R51 is going to work in .40S&W, especially once it's in the hands of reloaders and Buffalo Bore buyers...

I've used all the standard service calibers on duty, and a few other oddballs on my own. I'm happy now that after about 20yrs of that mess just sticking with 9mm for my two-legged needs. If my agency forces me to give up 9mm, I guess second choice will be .40S&W. Generally it all boils down to the shooting platform, which most tend to work best in 9mm.

Europellets? Like the RUAG Action, SECA and GECO BAT? Alternating in the magazine, of course!
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I'm totally going to start calling myself a "blog operator" now.
    Tames a blog? Composes? I always hated the word blogger. I've been around a few operators but wouldn't pin the name on a blog dealer.

What ever. Crash and burn. I tried.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I have to say that now I'm wondering how the "hesitation blowback" on the R51 is going to work in .40S&W, especially once it's in the hands of reloaders and Buffalo Bore buyers...
    I'm predicting more blowback, less hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by linkscoach View Post
    What ever. Crash and burn. I tried.
    Jeez, dude, I wasn't trying to harsh on what you wrote; I was trying to make a funny.

User Tag List