Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG Intros 1911X Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Fair points.

Holster makers have tended to base their railed 1911 holsters on Springfield Armory's rail dimensions almost as a standard.

I just think Sig could have used the introduction of the XFULL line to gain compatibility with available holsters.
    As I said, I assume the X is the same rail spec as the Tac Ops, Scorpion and whatever else SIG might make. I'm going to say SIG sees this as the standard others should be using.

Just off the top of my head I know the following make (or have made) railed frames. How many of these are the same spec as the Springfield?

Colt
    SIG
    Caspian
    JEM
    Tisas
    Taurus
    Kimber
    Ruger
    STI
    Dan Wesson

It would make some sense that holster makers would use Springfield as sort of the standard. I could also see Kimber as the other common railed gun. Maybe the Springfield and Kimber share a rail already?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Speaking of oddball does the Springfield Emissary fit in a traditional 1911 holster?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Speaking of oddball does the Springfield Emissary fit in a traditional 1911 holster?

Nope. In my opinion they went "form over function" with that one, though some people seem to really like them.

Vedder makes holsters for the 5" railed version and the 4.25" non-railed version. No idea whether they will offer a holster for the new black full-rail Commander.

I’m a bit of a tinkerer and an optimist, so when I ordered the 1911X I also ordered a Quickship JMCK OWB2 for a railed 5” Springfield. I figure I has a heat gun, right?

The holster is 95% of the way there, with only minor interference with the slide top taper on one side. (The ejection port resolves this area on the other side.) The last 3/4” or so of insertion is where that taper contacts the holster, causing the left side to lever out. I’ll gently heat that area and remold it to give clearance. The rail is not an issue at all that I can tell, if anything that part of the holster is too large. I may try adding a Kydex shim in the bottom of the rail recess after I remold the slide taper.

Can someone hold my beer?

Name:  IMG_0475.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  83.4 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m a bit of a tinkerer and an optimist, so when I ordered the 1911X I also ordered a Quickship JMCK OWB2 for a railed 5” Springfield. I figure I has a heat gun, right?

The holster is 95% of the way there, with only minor interference with the slide top taper on one side. (The ejection port resolves this area on the other side.) The last 3/4” or so of insertion is where that taper contacts the holster, causing the left side to lever out. I’ll gently heat that area and remold it to give clearance. The rail is not an issue at all that I can tell, if anything that part of the holster is too large. I may try adding a Kydex shim in the bottom of the rail recess after I remold the slide taper.

Can someone hold my beer?

Name:  IMG_0475.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  83.4 KB
    I take it this is a non light bearing holster?

Speaking of rail differences, can people measure the distance from the top of the dust cover to the bottom surface of the rail? This 1911X is 0.620”. (I’m asking dust cover instead of frame rail since you can lock the slide back to get that measurement.)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I take it this is a non light bearing holster?

Correct - light bearing would be the easy button. I should order a second one for a light.
    Ken

@HeavyDuty

Any updates? How's it shoot?

@HeavyDuty

Any updates? How's it shoot?

The tornado disrupted everything here, I still haven’t gotten to the range. At least the threadlocker will be set really well!
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The tornado disrupted everything here, I still haven’t gotten to the range. At least the threadlocker will be set really well!
    Did you at least finish fitting your holster?

User Tag List