Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Revolver vs C3 Glock for Home Defense

Site Supporter
    Add Falling Down Laughing to Horror and Disgust. Anyway - A loaded and chambered Glock is my immediate go to. I've used them since the G19s first came out, so I'm good.

Revolvers for the Underwear Drawer, never train crowd - why not. We aren't going to get them to train. I've tried.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Checking stuff out butt nekkid is part of my threat display. Instead of "Shock and Awe" think "Horror and Disgust". Few home invaders possess the resolution to face up to the implication.
    Nekked? Use a Phlster Enigma.

With the thigh strap, for that extra effect.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    I use cheap kydex holsters as trigger covers for Glocks and similar pistols. I think that those keeping a Glock chamber empty lack confidence and experience with the platform. Hence, they may be more likely to fumble when operating the slide to load the chamber. I keep my 870 chamber empty out of decades of habit. Likewise, I use the same arrangement with my Colt AR. My wife depends on a straight razor and polymer bat.

Site Supporter
    Checking stuff out butt nekkid is part of my threat display. Instead of "Shock and Awe" think "Horror and Disgust". Few home invaders possess the resolution to face up to the implication.
    About 20 years ago while working security at a retirement center, I had to deal with a young man intent on beating up his girlfriend, a nurse. I refused to back down. He said, "Old man, you know I can whip you", and I replied "if we fight and you lose, I'm gonna climb on you and fuck you!" He left. I guess he thought I was crazy.

How else does one do that if one sleeps without clothing?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I can only think of one place where you carry your spare mag.
    I'll take a guess and say your prison pocket.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

With the thigh strap, for that extra effect.
    It really is perfect for the nekkid gun sprint so you’re not flopping.

Site Supporter
    I thought that place was for your backup NAA Mini Revolver. Although that has been successfully hid under fat belly rolls IIRC.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    We aren't going to get them to train. I've tried.
    No, but they will start leaving the pistol everywhere with a round in the chamber because someone on the Internet told them it's useless otherwise.

I never understood the desire to tell people to do that. If they have to ask that question then they probably shouldn't until they learn more.

I'll take ANY pistol that is READY TO USE over any pistol that has to be manipulated.

Having said that, if you're not comfortable with a loaded Glock as your HD pistol, you're unlikely to train enough to be proficient with a pistol that has marginal sights, a heavy trigger, and relatively heavier recoil. Sounds like a bad recipe to me.

As an "out there" idea, I'd suggest a HK LEM pistol with loaded chamber and long, deliberate trigger, or a Sig DAK pistol, which are widely available for a short song in .40 S&W...

User Tag List