Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: MAC 1911-9 DS

Quote Originally Posted by officer960 View Post
    Have also considered just sending off the MAC grip and having it worked (stippled) by someone.
    @Texaspoff can probably do it for you.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Here's a MAC that's been worked over by Monsoon Tactical. I wonder why he didn't use taller sights while he was doing the work.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Updates with shooting log:

Name:  IMG_0430.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  51.5 KB

Name:  IMG_E0E42182059C-1.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  24.4 KB

So I had 4 FTE on my first range trip. On May 14th, I had 4 failures to feed, but found out that I reassembled my Atlas mag with the spring backward after cleaning (DOH!) so I can't attribute that to the gun.

The original extractor was a little loose in the channel and FPS was loose in the slide. I fit Harrison Custom parts and they lock together like a vault. The ejection and extraction was MUCH better and it passed the 10-8 test with flying colors. I think the FPS is the critical upstream piece that needs be looked at when you get a new gun or replace an extractor on these Turkish guns.

I got a full size FPS and ended up filing 1/8" off the top to accommodate the RDS cut. I think a Bomar height FPS may work but I didn't want to run the risk of that being too short, so "custom fit" it is. The process didn't add a significant amount of time to the whole ordeal so I think it was worth it.
    If you're not going to learn to use the front sight properly, don't bother with it. If pointing the gun, screaming "Ahhhhh!" and cranking on the trigger is all you can learn to do, work on doing that safely. -ToddG

Turkatto. That’s funny right there!

Sorry about the previous double post - assumed it was in internet issue, but turns out my posts need to be reviewed as a newb.

Anyway, I got a Prodigy grip module, MSH, mag catch, mag catch spring, mag catch lock and it works perfectly. I did have to slightly modify an X300U to lock on the 1913 rail. Ordered a EGW Prodigy magwell that I'm waiting on.

Should have the Atlas springs and guide rod soon.

Name:  IMG_2354.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  59.6 KB

@Tokarev that Monsoon Tactical gun is chef's kiss. I bought this "Turkatto" to mess with since I don't want to void the warranties on my Staccato's (XC, P, C2). May just send it off and I can always put the Prodigy grip module on my Nightstalker.

Quote Originally Posted by 60167 View Post
    Updates with shooting log:

Name:  IMG_0430.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  51.5 KB

Name:  IMG_E0E42182059C-1.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  24.4 KB

So I had 4 FTE on my first range trip. On May 14th, I had 4 failures to feed, but found out that I reassembled my Atlas mag with the spring backward after cleaning (DOH!) so I can't attribute that to the gun.

The original extractor was a little loose in the channel and FPS was loose in the slide. I fit Harrison Custom parts and they lock together like a vault. The ejection and extraction was MUCH better and it passed the 10-8 test with flying colors. I think the FPS is the critical upstream piece that needs be looked at when you get a new gun or replace an extractor on these Turkish guns.

I got a full size FPS and ended up filing 1/8" off the top to accommodate the RDS cut. I think a Bomar height FPS may work but I didn't want to run the risk of that being too short, so "custom fit" it is. The process didn't add a significant amount of time to the whole ordeal so I think it was worth it.

This.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List