Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Sgt Daniel Perry charged in death of Garrett Foster

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Everyone in the rest of Texas is frustrated with the People’s Democratic Republic of Austin. Including the Governor.
    I knew that too I still know a lot of people in Texas, guys I served with and even a couple folks from when I lived in Uvalde.
    #RESIST

Ain’t just the DA’s that are corrupted…… it’s all levels
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    This might be the single greatest reply to one of my posts ever

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin Bravo One View Post
    Ain’t just the DA’s that are corrupted…… it’s all levels
    Daniel Perry's conviction was such a corrupt process that the Austin PD itself advocated for his pardon. A letter was prepared laying out the facts as the PD investigators determined them.

The city council and city legal ordered that the letter not be sent. The end result wax that instead of one dept letter, they got a passel of letters from individual officers and retirees.

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/dani...ource=facebook

Austin police drafted unsent letter to parole board in support of Daniel Perry

AUSTIN, Texas - The Austin Police Department almost took a stance in the politicized pardon of former Army Sgt. Daniel Perry. Ultimately, their drafted letter was not submitted after discussions with city leaders.

A Travis County jury convicted Perry of murder for the shooting death of Black Lives Matter protester Garrett Foster. It happened back in 2020 when Foster was legally carrying an AK-47 during a protest in downtown Austin. Perry was driving for a rideshare company when he shot and killed Foster.

Last week, Gov. Abbott pardoned Perry.

The APD letter obtained by FOX 7 Austin was drafted to "request clemency" for Perry before the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles. It claims the shooting was "a justified homicide and Perry acted in self-defense."

The Travis County District Attorney said the pardon showed state leaders have "put politics over justice" and "made a mockery of our legal system."

PDF of the suppressed Dept. Letter:

https://static.fox7austin.com/www.fo...oles-DRAFT.pdf

Yea I hate to be the dude who pulled back the curtain, but anyone who thinks our system is not every bit as corrupt and crooked as any Banana Republic we’ve installed is not paying attention.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Yea I hate to be the dude who pulled back the curtain, but anyone who thinks our system is not every bit as corrupt and crooked as any Banana Republic we’ve installed is not paying attention.
    I'm guessing Officer Chauvin, Officer Kueng, and many others agree with you...

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....rs-on-Megyn%85
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Garza on Tuesday called the pardon a “mockery of our legal system” and said the decision suggested Foster’s "life does not matter."

Well, to be fair, counselor Garza, it *was* a BLM protest and Garrett was most def not Black.
    I'm not going down the debate rabbit hole regarding candidates for our next president in 2024, but I am truly and completely tired of this particular asshole.
    -1911nut

Site Supporter
    At least those other places have more affordable housing and better food.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    At least those other places have more affordable housing and better food.
    I mean...watching my wife's interest in Mexico's recent presidential election...the Mexican people could not give one single shit that their new president is a woman. That's just stuff Americans care about, she tells me.

The main concern is that AMLO and the Morenas seem more concerned about giving hugs to the cartels instead of bullets. That plus the fact that the outgoing president seems to have picked up a random 0.5 million USD from the Sinaloa cartel and that Gloria Scheinbaum (Mexicos's new stunning and brave president) is his protégé. Not appealing. Most journalists in Mexico would report on this if they hadn't been assassinated by cartels.

Nevertheless, even her landlocked state in the arid desert of central Mexico seemed more down to earth than the pie in the sky lands of San Francisco or Los Angeles or Chicago or New York City or Baltimore. It's beautiful there. Too bad the gun laws are shit.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

User Tag List