Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Missing out by not trying HKS loaders, and only using Comp I's?

Now an Update to my Post 30

I've now bought a SpeedBeez .32/.327 speedloader specifically made or marked for a Ruger LCR.
    https://www.speedbeez.com/product/sp...magnum-6-shot/

This one SpeedBeez speedloader was over $50 delivered with tax & shipping, taking ~a week via USPS (least expensive shipping method).

So far, it's seemed to work well with the various brand of ammo I have in this caliber. Besides Federal ammo, it seems to load Starline brass, as used with Lost River ammo; whatever brass Hornady uses; and Fiocchi ammo.

The speedloader dispenses rounds using a push-method (no twist knobs) and generally seems well-made. This isn't my first SpeedBeez loader and do have them in the more popular .38/.357 caliber (as I type, I don't remember which S&W revolver models I have with this brand however, whether 5, 6, 7, or 8 round versions).

The SpeedBeez loader is long and won't fit in my generic-no-name-brand of leather covered speedloader cases. This loader will make a larger bulge in one's pocket if carried in that fashion.

The SpeedBeez loaded fairly easily into my Ruger LRCRX .327. This loader was ok loading into my S&W 432UC, although I think the stocks on the 432UC didn't allow quite as much clearance compared to when using the loader with the Ruger.

Overall, I'll likely use the SpeedBeez at the range, mostly for the Ruger, along with 5Star loaders (5Star when carrying or shooting .327FedMag).

For the S&W, I'll likely carry & use the HKS speedloader with the 9mm speedstrips.
    I've been using the 8-round speedstrips and leaving a space between each pair of rounds, but I see Tuff also makes a 6-round 9mm version if that's what you'd want.
    https://tuffproducts.com/7002-quickstrips-black-2-set/

If somebody just has the S&W 432UC/632UC, then I recommend either or both the HKS 32J speedloader and/or Tuff speedstrips. I don't have any preference to twist knob direction as the HKS releases with a clockwise twist (the HKS works fine for me with any brass/ammo I've so far tried).

I've spent enough on .32 caliber speedloaders and speed strips now. If there are other brands/models I've missed, I'll let somebody else buy, try, and review them.
    With the 5Star brand, I wouldn't recommend at all unless you only use Federal brass and really want a counter-clockwise twist-to-release.

Site Supporter
    I haven’t tried it but the Speedbeez loader may work in Simply Rugged’s Sidewinder holder.
    https://www.simplyrugged.com/store/S...uch-p594840640

I was a die-hard HKS fan. I bought some Comp IIs just to try.

I took the HKS's, Comp IIs, and a timer to the range.

With five fired shells and one live round loaded, from low ready, at the beep: fire, eject, reload, fire again. Check the total and split.

I was consistently about one second faster with the Comp IIs.

User Tag List