Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 256573747576 LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

GPT spring replacement

Good afternoon,

Anyone know the recommended interval for changing the little spring inside the GPT? Also where can you get just that part?

Thanks
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    Good afternoon,

Anyone know the recommended interval for changing the little spring inside the GPT? Also where can you get just that part?

Thanks
    Steve
    I have no idea, nothing has been listed about it. I wonder if it is in fact using the same trigger return spring that is in the Gen5 guns. Of course that would make way to much sense and I'm not sure if Glock thought about that, or did they? If it is the same spring, I would probably just go with the normal servicing schedule. I would have to look up the actual numbers, but I typically change mine out at 7k or so. The original Glock trigger return spring was 5k, but the new design compresses rather than stretches the spring, which increases service life.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Thank you, sound advice

Picked up a GPT and tossed it into a G45. After reading 75 pages of responses, I've read that it does not work with a SCD. Speaking with two other friends, resulted the same answer. Thing is: I have a SCD on mine and it works the same as with a stock standard trigger. The difference between myself and my two friends? Mine was an OG SCD vs the Langdon SCD.

So those that it didn't work with their SCD: was it a Langdon SCD or an OG SCD?

Quote Originally Posted by Keebsley View Post
    Picked up a GPT and tossed it into a G45. After reading 75 pages of responses, I've read that it does not work with a SCD. Speaking with two other friends, resulted the same answer. Thing is: I have a SCD on mine and it works the same as with a stock standard trigger. The difference between myself and my two friends? Mine was an OG SCD vs the Langdon SCD.

So those that it didn't work with their SCD: was it a Langdon SCD or an OG SCD?
    If your scd sits flush then something is wrong. The gpt fully cocks the striker and the scd will be fully protruded from the slide.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

I'm about halfway through the thread discussions, so if this is answered, my apologies; Why is the GPT restricted to only 9mm Gen5/Gen4 platforms, and not apparently allowed to similar-sized .40/.45 ACP/10mm Glocks?

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

6500 rounds- ZERO issues through my (1st Gen) Glock Performance Trigger… host gun: Glock 19.5

What are the current thoughts on reliable duty/carry trigger upgrades if not the GPT?

I’m also looking at the apex duty vs the overwatch precision trigger units, but not sure if anyone has experience with both to compare?

I tried a GPT with a Johnny glock vex shoe on it, and it was a very nice trigger. After looking at all the reviews online though, it seems that the trigger shoes can break and I’d rather not have that happen on a gun I’m carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguybryan View Post
    What are the current thoughts on reliable duty/carry trigger upgrades if not the GPT?

I’m also looking at the apex duty vs the overwatch precision trigger units, but not sure if anyone has experience with both to compare?

I tried a GPT with a Johnny glock vex shoe on it, and it was a very nice trigger. After looking at all the reviews online though, it seems that the trigger shoes can break and I’d rather not have that happen on a gun I’m carrying.
    FWIW I have that setup on my duty pistol and it has been run pretty hard over the past few months, 2k rounds currently. Yes there was a set of VEX triggers that failed, but it was due to some inferior materials used in manufacturing. I get my VEX shoes directly from the manufacture of the JG VEX shoe, RangerProof. We had an in depth discussion about the failures, and they changed vendors and materials. I'm not concerned at all about the newest production VEX shoes.

Honestly, if I wasn't using the GPT and VEX for duty, I would just run my GPT with my modded factory flat trigger shoe. I installed a set screw to remove some of the take up to give me a better reach to the trigger. After trying and using tons of different connectors and trigger systems over many, many years, I haven't found any that give me much of a difference between the stock ones. The design of the Glock fire control system doesn't lend itself to a wide range of performance variables. Lighten the trigger pull, you loose the distinct wall. To get a solid wall, you get a heavier trigger.

Glocks factory triggers are a pretty good balance of the two. The way the system works, there just isn't really much you can do. The GPT and Timney triggers are the biggest improvements to the Glock trigger systems. I don't recommend the Timney, even a modded one for duty use.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 06-05-2024 at 12:26 PM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Glocks factory triggers are a pretty good balance of the two. The way the system works, there just isn't really much you can do. The GPT and Timney triggers are the biggest improvements to the Glock trigger systems. I don't recommend the Timney, even a modded one for duty use.

TXPO
    What makes the Timney trigger less safe in your opinion?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

User Tag List