Page 107 of 115 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1150

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Meh, it's been 100% through my 20 year old 332 Airlite Ti, couldn't get through a cylinder with my 432UC (currently back at S&W).
    Sidebar, but how do you like the 332? I've run across one recently at a reasonable-ish price. Dithering on it, and the new .32 UC's for that matter. Just not sure about adding another caliber to keep on hand.
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Sidebar, but how do you like the 332? I've run across one recently at a reasonable-ish price. Dithering on it, and the new .32 UC's for that matter. Just not sure about adding another caliber to keep on hand.
    It's lighter so I like it for pocket carry, no way I would pay what I paid for it now that the UC's are out.

Site Supporter
    I recently got another 100 LR wadcutters. These have a copperish color on the bullet. My original 100 purchased in April did not appear to have a coating and shot smokier than these new ones. Anyway, no light strikes with the original batch. Shallow primer hits but never a failure to ignite. This is with the Apex kit installed.

On this latest batch of wadcutters I am getting one or two failures to ignite per cylinder. I went back to factory on the hammer and trigger return spring and left the extended APEX firing pin in. I still get one or two light strikes per cylinder. Second time around deep primer hits, deeper than I got previously with the Apex spring in. No issues in 200rnds of my Federal primer reloads or 2 boxes of Hornady CD. Looking closely at the LR wadcutters the primer does not appear to be seated as deeply as the Hornady or my reloads. Shame as those wadcutters shoot great. Just to the sights rather than a little low like the Hornadys.
    Adam

Post 1063,
    With the price/cost of ammo as it is, I'd contact Lost River to see if there could be some sort of remedy from that manufacturer. Perhaps, Lost River is aware of there being a possibility with a specific batch/lot of ammo sold.

I think we're talking about 100gr. .32H&R Mag wadcutters, but Post 1063 could also be referring to a quantity of 100 rounds of some other caliber such as .38 Special, but I don't know. When I first read the post, I though it was regarding 100 rounds of Long-Rifle ammo, due to the abbreviation of "LR" being used with no context.

Meanwhile, reading the various forums, there have been some folks who have reported light-strike issues with their new Lipsey's revolvers.
    Whether it was specific models in the 642UC/442UC/632UC/432UC, I don't know or remember.

Reference: https://www.lostriverammocompany.com/store/

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Name:  IMG_5076.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  68.6 KB

Name:  IMG_5077.jpeg
Views: 348
Size:  89.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5078.jpeg
Views: 352
Size:  92.2 KB

Range report to follow.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Meh, it's been 100% through my 20 year old 332 Airlite Ti, couldn't get through a cylinder with my 432UC (currently back at S&W).

The light-strike issue seems to be a valid one. As much as I want a 632UC, it appears this model isn't quite ready for prime time.

I do appreciate the feedback from those who have beta tested it.

They still do blue cardboard boxes?!?!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Yeah, I wondered about that. The 66-8 I had so much fun with the warranty people about came in a plastic box.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Appears so, at least on some of the J-Frames--A friend bought a new regular-production Model 640 from a local Cop Shop third quarter of 2023 & it came in the hinged-top one-piece blue Cardboard Box...

I was able to handle a pair of UCs at a local gun store last week (a 442UC and a 632UC). I did not shoot or dry fire the samples. The prices were $669/each.

-No internal lock
    -Chamfered charge holes
    -They look good, especially the black one

Meh
    -The grips fit my hand well and I'm sure they make for a much more pleasant shooting experience. But they seemed a bit bulky for pocket carry which for me is how I use a j-frame.

If the black one would have been available in .32 I probably would have purchased it. My regular carry j-frames are a 442 Performance Center with laser grips and a 342 Airlite Ti with an Apex kit and some painted sights. While I really like the 642, I find myself carrying the 342 more frequently because the titanium cylinder represents noticeable weight savings in the pocket, particularly in athletic shorts. The 342 is less pleasant to shoot but with wad cutters and the @Lost River grip mod, the shootabilty differences are minimized enough for me.

Whenever my local store gets a black UC in .32 in I will likely buy it, but the light strike reports are a bit concerning. I wish/hope they offered a .32 model with the lightweight cylinder (i.e. the old 332). That weight reduction combine with the front sites would make it more ultimaty.

Glad to see S&W do this and thanks to those on this forum that contributed/made it possible. I look forward to seeing what other models are coming in the future.

User Tag List