Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yet Another Bullpup Falls To The M4... Tavor to be replaced

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I’m a little confused by your description of reloading, and the location of the controls on the Tavor…
    Above the photo you wrote
    “ A big difference between the Tavor that I own and the newer X95 models is that the newer models have the mag release as a button just above the trigger guard while the older Sar model has the mag release in the form of a lever in front of the magazine well.”

And below the photo you wrote
    “ But the Tavor's magazine release that is located behind the magazine well is awkward to hit. This applies to the model I have and the newer model.”

This has me questioning which arrow is the bolt release and which is the mag release. And wondering how (mechanically) the mag release button could be located above the trigger guard (on the newer guns) and activate a latch way back at the mag well…
    This is my X-95 - the recessed control at the rear underside is the bolt release, and the button at the front is the magazine release which operates through a long linkage to the mag well.

Name:  IMG_0470.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  97.8 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I like the simple mag release on the SAR, and don't find changing mags difficult at all.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

There are times I wish I had gone with a SAR instead of an X-95, but that ship sailed.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    So are they going with an actual AR type platform?

And I wonder if the new ISI Carmel rifle is in the running?
    I bet they’re going with whatever we give them.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    Not 100% the rifles in the video were Tavors, but a Ukrainian company called Fort makes a copy of the Tavor under license which is why I assumed that was what they were using
    I went back in and tried to pay closer attention to the video and you were right, they were indeed using the Malyuk
    Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  61.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I’m a little confused by your description of reloading, and the location of the controls on the Tavor…
    Above the photo you wrote
    “ A big difference between the Tavor that I own and the newer X95 models is that the newer models have the mag release as a button just above the trigger guard while the older Sar model has the mag release in the form of a lever in front of the magazine well.”

And below the photo you wrote
    “ But the Tavor's magazine release that is located behind the magazine well is awkward to hit. This applies to the model I have and the newer model.”

This has me questioning which arrow is the bolt release and which is the mag release. And wondering how (mechanically) the mag release button could be located above the trigger guard (on the newer guns) and activate a latch way back at the mag well…
    Let me do a better job. Below is a picture of my Tavor Sar. The lever indicated by the arrow marked 1 is the magazine release. The number 2 indicates the bolt release. If the bolt is locked back after running a magazine druy you would change a magazine and then hit this lever.

Name:  Tavor.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  80.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I like the simple mag release on the SAR, and don't find changing mags difficult at all.
    I much prefer the feel of the grip and forearm of the SAR to that of the X95. The mag changes are slower than an AR or an AUG. But for my non-battlefield use it is perfectly fine. If I needed more rounds and was worried about magazine changes I would go with a Magpul 40 round magazine.
    Last edited by Ed L; 05-21-2024 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I bet they’re going with whatever we give them.
    Winner.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List