Page 379 of 384 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 3837

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

That is my favorite color on the Seamaster’s, just a phenomenal looking diver. That said I find myself checking out the white dials a lot too, this current iteration of the Seamaster is my favorite congrats.

Site Supporter
    Yeah the ceramic wave dial is my favorite Seamaster too.

If anyone really wants a near-lethal dose of horological nerdery.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/vi...eKhD0PZWsxqQmK
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

^ Jesus that is insane…what did they say 245 jewels and how many complications, my God.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    That is my favorite color on the Seamaster’s, just a phenomenal looking diver. That said I find myself checking out the white dials a lot too, this current iteration of the Seamaster is my favorite congrats.
    Thanks! I honestly typically gravitate towards more “traditional”, design language such as the Seamaster Heritage 300 but could never get past the faux lume on that one and it wore oddly on me for some reason. I tried on the green SMP when I was in NYC a couple years ago when it first dropped and was very impressed but put it on the back burner. I happened to find a really good price on this piece and wanted to get something to commemorate a milestone so I decided to pull the trigger. I’ve been blow away by this piece, I’m really surprised how much I like it.

I had always thought the HEV, bracelet, and size would be a non starter for me. But none of that bothers me at all. Sometimes I, like I’m sure many of us do, get too wrapped up in specs and the archetypal “watch expert’s”, opinions and reviews 😂. Of all the dive watches I’ve dabbled with this is at the top of my list so far.

3 watches in one….(no color, contrast, or saturation editing)
    Name:  IMG_8334.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  40.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_8338.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  38.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_8343.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  32.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    ^ Jesus that is insane…what did they say 245 jewels and how many complications, my God.
    63 complications. It’s bonkers.

https://www.vacheron-constantin.com/...plication.html
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I’ve always liked the case, dial, bezel and complications on the Panerai Submersible, but as much as I like them I dislike the huge crown guard. Don’t think I’d ever spend $10,000 for a new one or $7-8 for a used.

I found a cheap Chinese homage to the Panerai and was blown away by what they did. It’s got the cushion case, bezel, dial and small second hand complication at the nine o’ clock like the real watch. But they have a conventional crown and crown guard and I like the way they did it, they also moved the date to the six o’clock and added a power meter complication to the three o’clock I’m a sucker for power meters. At $110 I’m in, bought that bad boy as a cheap beater watch to play around with, Pagani Design PD1767.

It wouldn’t be a Chinese watch if it didn’t have some wiredness to it along with questionable quality control. The bad right off the bat, for whatever reason they decided to engrave Pagani Design onto the side of the watch…why. The bezel action is well Chinese, sounds weak and has a little back play. The power meter is marked DOWN(in English) on the low power end and HAUT (French for high) on the full power side…what. Ha ha. They claim 200 meters of water resistance (yeah right) but they also put on the case Diver’s 200m, that means it’s tested and certified. Of course it’s not, I’d be worried swimming in a pool with it. I really like the look of the strap a distressed green with a nice buckle that matches the case, but I don’t expect it to last long feels pretty cheap. The lugs are 22mm and are drilled so strap replacement will be easy, I’ll dig around my strap draw I’m sure I got more then a few that will fit it.

Case size is 41mm stainless with a cushion case, 14.5 mm thick with an exhibition case back. Crystal is sapphire, case back mineral. A lot of the PD Automatics use Japanese movements, but this one I’m guessing do to the number of complications uses a Chinese movement, they did some polishing to the movement and a custom rotor. Never seen that done when they use the Seiko movement.

Wound it and set it, in the four hours I’ve had it it’s running and keeping great time so far, see how long that last. If I get a couple years out of it I’ll conceder it worth while. Over all pretty nice homage watch, with a couple changes I really like.

Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Just got notification this will arrive tomorrow. "Expedition North Field Chronograph 43mm." I looked at the one you posted and thought it was a pretty handsome watch, but this one is 1/3 of the price and 2mm larger.

Name:  image_2024-05-24_191111772.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  41.2 KB
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Yes it is, liking the Titanium. Not a huge fan of the case style and would like a crown guard on it, don’t know if I could dish out $750 for a Timex when so many Swiss watches are in that price range, albeit without all the Titanium though.

User Tag List