Page 433 of 433 FirstFirst ... 333383423431432433
Results 4,321 to 4,330 of 4330

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    No. Nothing coming out of Italy does, they changed the law regarding the use of tritium.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I saw a Langdon video sometime back, that indicated Italy doesn't allow tritium anymore. Since these are production guns, no tritium. However, Langdon has the Ameriglo sights with tritium available, so you can have that added if you buy from LTT.
    Ah, I missed that. Thanks. Wish they would have done a fiber front then!

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Ah, I missed that. Thanks. Wish they would have done a fiber front then!
    I haven't checked, but LTT may also have a fiber option.

I have a full size PX4 with the Ameriglo tritium in the front sight. That big red/orange square is pretty useful in a variety of lighting conditions (my eyes would probably prefer a white dot), but I've tried that tritium sight in as many lighting conditions as I can imagine, and when it completely dims out, I'll probably never know because it is nearly useless.

Site Supporter
    I haven't checked, but LTT may also have a fiber option.

I have a full size PX4 with the Ameriglo tritium in the front sight. That big red/orange square is pretty useful in a variety of lighting conditions (my eyes would probably prefer a white dot), but I've tried that tritium sight in as many lighting conditions as I can imagine, and when it completely dims out, I'll probably never know because it is nearly useless.
    I had a PX4CC and PX4F from 2022-2023, and you’re right, I liked the PX4CC sights overall, but the tritium was pretty worthless/dim. I put LPA adjustable fiber front/black rears on the full size and loved them.

Click adjustable black rear fiber front is like a cowboy red dot. Not gun Amish, but gun Mennonite?

I saw a Langdon video sometime back, that indicated Italy doesn't allow tritium anymore. Since these are production guns, no tritium. However, Langdon has the Ameriglo sights with tritium available, so you can have that added if you buy from LTT.
    It’s good for your character to face and overcome a difficult situation once in a while, but I wish I had comprehended that Langdon would offer to install the nice tritium Ameriglo sights back when I ordered the LTT PX4 CC. I think I would have taken that route rather than the DIY. I'd prefer to pay Mr. Langdon a few extra dollars than pull what’s left of my hair out while beating on the sights. Those suckers really are mounted tight!

PS: the front sight tritium is fairly dim. I compared it in the dark to a Meprolight on my CZ P01 before I mounted it. Dim but still helps find the pistol on the nightstand at O-dark thirty.
    Last edited by UpDok; 05-20-2024 at 08:37 AM.
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by NukeRef View Post
    It's a space-filler between the slide and the frame at the front of the gun. I don't have a full-size so I can't speak to the difference in the frames besides the length, but without the "shroud" there's a gap in the front of the compact.
    Thanks, I don’t think I would’ve ever guessed that.
    Is it me, or is that really cheesy?
    Lengthen dust cover or increase the coverage on the slide. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teething issue :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lunker View Post
    Thanks, I don’t think I would’ve ever guessed that.
    Is it me, or is that really cheesy?
    Lengthen dust cover or increase the coverage on the slide. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is more to the story than a space filler at the front of the pistol.

You will notice that the full size PX4 Storms have two rows of teeth on the cam block. The Compact only has one row of teeth because it is shorter, to accommodate the smaller pistol.

Since there is no good stability with one set of teeth...that would cause pivoting, as opposed to stability, the polymer adapter is added in order to have the second point of stability be its contact up front between the slide and the frame.

I haven’t watched this yet since I get almost nothing from videos unless I’m alone and can completely concentrate, but this just popped up:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...a-px4-for-edc/
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I haven’t watched this yet since I get almost nothing from videos unless I’m alone and can completely concentrate, but this just popped up:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...a-px4-for-edc/
    That makes me wish I had kept one of the PX4 Compacts so I could Langdonize it. Oh, well...

Possibly because I was introduced to the P-38 at an early stage of life, DA/SA trigger angst has seldom been one of my maladies. It is interesting for me to watch the light come on for others.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

I’m the same way. I came up on revolvers and had TDA semis pretty quickly, so adapting to them isn't a big deal.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I too learned on revolvers, graduated to the Sig P22X series when I adopted semi-autos and did not move to striker fired Glocks until the late 90's so the PX4 and PX4 compact where not a difficult transition for me, especially with the LTT work in place on those guns.

I am very impressed with this new iteration of the rotating barrel design and how Beretta has more or less perfected it in the PX4 tribe.

If you can manage the trigger this is an easy gun to shoot well that still requires being more "deliberate" about the first shot than a striker fired gun in my view.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

User Tag List