Page 209 of 210 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210 LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2092

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Well now. The MP320 showed up and has a pretty high chuckle quotient.

The brace they give you is 1/3 shorter than the old SIG braces but is otherwise the same design. I’m wondering if that was a response to something legislative? Trigger pivot to back of brace is 13.25”.

And the muzzle of a full size 4.7” slide is about 3/4” recessed, so a 5.5” barrel will do it. I’ll go threaded, possibly with a flash can.
    “Length of pull” was a data point in one of the convoluted ATF spreadsheets where everything becomes an SBR.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    “Length of pull” was a data point in one of the convoluted ATF spreadsheets where everything becomes an SBR.
    Looking at SIG’s product announcement video again, he made a point of pointing out the 13”. But when he demoed a SBR version, they had a full length Minimalist mounted. I wonder how the length of one of the original braces would work?

I’m leaving mine alone for now, but I’m pulling for amnesty round 2.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Finally found the right barrel for the MP320 that will allow me to retain fingers - but the bare 5.5” comes right to the end of the handguard which is too close for my comfort. Looking at different muzzle devices, the flash can I tried strikes the handguard on recoil.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

With prices continuing to fall on the SP5K-PDW, do we prefer the SP5K with the push button magazine release or the PDW with the paddle and ability to add a can?

Not a very practical PDW in semi-auto, but you can use it to drown your opponents in your drip: https://tommybuilttactical.com/product/t7-pistol/

I fired a Sig Rattler at a rental range both with and without a suppressor. The suppressor was a Sig SLH. I fired about 60 rounds. It was all factory ammo. I fired one box of subsonics and 2 boxes of supersonic Hornady Barnes TAC-TX.

First, I tried it without the suppressor. The concussion of firing supersonic loads was painful. Then I put the suppressor on and was amazed at how quiet the gun was. I think I fired 60 to 80 rounds. The last rounds that I fired were the supersonic and I encountered several stove pipes. I'm not sure if it was a problem with the gun, the gun and the suppresser, or maybe it was due to the fact that it was a rental Range and the gun had not been cleaned in a while. Is there a problem firing the supersonics with a suppressor?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    I fired a Sig Rattler at a rental range both with and without a suppressor. The suppressor was a Sig SLH. I fired about 60 rounds. It was all factory ammo. I fired one box of subsonics and 2 boxes of supersonic Hornady Barnes TAC-TX.

First, I tried it without the suppressor. The concussion of firing supersonic loads was painful. Then I put the suppressor on and was amazed at how quiet the gun was. I think I fired 60 to 80 rounds. The last rounds that I fired were the supersonic and I encountered several stove pipes. I'm not sure if it was a problem with the gun, the gun and the suppresser, or maybe it was due to the fact that it was a rental Range and the gun had not been cleaned in a while. Is there a problem firing the supersonics with a suppressor?
    Did you change the gas setting?
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Did you change the gas setting?
    I did not touch any gas setting. If there was something that I needed to do I am interested in learning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    I did not touch any gas setting. If there was something that I needed to do I am interested in learning it.
    It’s easiest to show the page from the manual - the shorter Rattler barrel isn’t listed here, but this is the same manual each of my Rattlers came with. I run - for everything except subs suppressed, I’ve only tried a few magazines of subs unsuppressed on - and didn’t have any issues but the gun was clean.

Name:  IMG_6169.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  97.2 KB
    Ken

Thanks for posting that. I have no idea what the gas setting on the gun was. I rented it on the fly and am not familiar with it. I fired a few shots of subsonic without the suppressor on the gun and they cycled. I encountered several stovepipes at the end of the firing session with the supersonic Hornady Barnes TAC-TX. The Rattler was at a rental place which usually takes care of their guns. But there is no telling how many rounds that particular Rattler had through it or when the last time it was cleaned. It could very well need a new extractor. Given all of this I am not sure that I can reach a conclusion from this. It was a fun gun to shoot--amazingly quiet. I can see why they are so popular.

User Tag List