Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Caleb strikes again

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Followed by the “Zimbabwe” retro P-35 reissue.
    “Mozambique” might be a better name for a Taurus retro P-35 reissue, because odds are it would only go 3 rounds before the user would have to stop and assess.
    The most powerful and harmful influence Trump has had on our politics…has been the effect on his opponents. They have been triggered into an orgy of self-mutilation—eager to amputate their own history and disfigure their own political traditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    “Mozambique” might be a better name for a Taurus retro P-35 reissue, because odds are it would only go 3 rounds before the user would have to stop and assess.
    Dammit, that’s what I meant to say. Ruined my own damn joke!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Noir Heater Reboot: Meet the Heritage Roscoe .38

The cigar-box-worthy Roscoe looks right out of the mid-20th century, clad in a deep glossy finish, classic-style round wood grips, fixed sights, and a five-shot cylinder. (Photos: Don Summers/Guns.com)
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I think Tam's reasoning on steel J-frames is pretty compelling.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 05-26-2024 at 02:34 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Agreed, and this is coming from a guy who *only* owns 5-shot steel J-frames (as collectables).

This new offering is a handsome look though. If the short versions are indeed up to the standard of my late-80s model 85 (one of the few Tauri with a good reputation), then there might actually be something of substance there.

I sure as shit wouldn’t buy a 3 inch gun as a shooter though, based on my experience. In all, a perfect gun for the “compression sock drawer crowd.”
    The most powerful and harmful influence Trump has had on our politics…has been the effect on his opponents. They have been triggered into an orgy of self-mutilation—eager to amputate their own history and disfigure their own political traditions.

Site Supporter
    Agreed, and this is coming from a guy who *only* owns 5-shot steel J-frames (as collectables).

This new offering is a handsome look though. If the short versions are indeed up to the standard of my late-80s model 85 (one of the few Tauri with a good reputation), then there might actually be something of substance there.

I sure as shit wouldn’t buy a 3 inch gun as a shooter though, based on my experience. In all, a perfect gun for the “compression sock drawer crowd.”
    I agree with this, in today's world there is no reason for a 3" revolver to not have a removable front and a decent rear sight, you aren't going to pocket carry the thing.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Truth be told, I did buy a 3" Model 60-13 because it was priced very attractively. The proprietor of that LGS later tacitly admitted that he had screwed up.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Truth be told, I did buy a 3" Model 60-13 because it was priced very attractively. The proprietor of that LGS later tacitly admitted that he had screwed up.
    I had a Model 60 Pro 3" which was a nice revolver but ended up letting it go because it didn't fill a niche, too big for the pocket and hard to justify a five shot for a belt gun when I have other options. Plus it was the only S&W I had with a lock.

Site Supporter
    I frequently carry my 60-9 Ladysmith IWB - it’s more comfortable and lighter than a K there, and has less square bits than my G26.

Didn’t buy it to carry, though - bought it to have a J to shoot that wouldn’t beat me up like the airweights can.

compression sock drawer crowd

Can I use that? I think you just coined a new phrase.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List