Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Romeo 2

My Romeo 2 (2/32 MOA circle dot) that was ordered back in December from EuroOptic shipped today. I plan to mount it on the P226 X-Five Legion.

Name:  P226 X-Five Legion 3.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  46.4 KB

I’m expecting this optic to run pretty high even without a plate. So, hopefully the optic’s integral back-up irons will co-witness and zero with the taller front sight.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

Despite being very excited by the concept of this optic, I am not feeling the love and may send it down the road.

Attachment 104761
    This matches my experience with the Romeo 2. I don't hate it but while it improved some things from the Romeo1 PRO, it the R2 has it's own problems. I have a Romeo X-PRO coming and don't see myself buying anymore R2s.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    This matches my experience with the Romeo 2. I don't hate it but while it improved some things from the Romeo1 PRO, it the R2 has it's own problems. I have a Romeo X-PRO coming and don't see myself buying anymore R2s.
    R2 has a bigger window, and a larger dot option than the X. The shroud system seems like an interesting idea that isn't so great once you use it.

The X sits WAY lower and I prefer the battery compartment. The X is also much less expensive. I would love to see a sealed X with a larger display available to the commercial market.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    R2 has a bigger window, and a larger dot option than the X. The shroud system seems like an interesting idea that isn't so great once you use it.

The X sits WAY lower and I prefer the battery compartment. The X is also much less expensive. I would love to see a sealed X with a larger display available to the commercial market.
    The R2 has a brighter dot and is more durable (in open configuration) than the R1P but for me the R2 dot looks funky / starbursty and the thicker optic body tends to draw the eye in (similar to the ACRO P2).

Our SRT folks have been running the R2 - they work ok in open emitter mode but the shroud system has been problematic.

I under stand the X has a smaller window but in handling guns with the X and the M17 optic the optic sitting lower seems to mitigate that somewhat. I guess I'm going to find out...

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The R2 has a brighter dot and is more durable (in open configuration) than the R1P but for me the R2 dot looks funky / starbursty and the thicker optic body tends to draw the eye in (similar to the ACRO P2).

Our SRT folks have been running the R2 - they work ok in open emitter mode but the shroud system has been problematic.

I under stand the X has a smaller window but in handling guns with the X and the M17 optic the optic sitting lower seems to mitigate that somewhat. I guess I'm going to find out...
    If it tells you anything, I have one Romeo two new in a sealed box, and three Romeo X optics in use on different pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Name:  P226 X-Five Legion 9 Romeo2.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  100.6 KB

Got mine mounted. Here are my thoughts:

Overall I like it with a grade of a B+

Pros:
    It has a large objective at 30mm
    It has great tech and quality glass - auto off/on, battery life, reticle options
    The overall construction seems solid provided that the shrouds are viewed as expendables
    It reasonably co-witnesses with Sig’s suppressor height sights when directly mounted to a Sig footprint slide

Cons
    It’s big and sits high - especially if you can’t direct mount it a slide
    The shroud attachments are a problematic weakness. The screws are small and the material around the point of attachment is thin. It would not surprise me if the shrouds are failing near the screw - either with the screw breaking or shroud breaking around the screw. This becomes less of a concern if the shroud is viewed as an expendable item. That is to say, I suspect that a shrouded optic can take a shit ton of abuse before the electronics and glass fail making it unusable; the shroud may be toast.
    It’s pricey.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List