Thread: Vortex COMPDOT 5 & 8 MOA

Site Supporter

Vortex COMPDOT 5 & 8 MOA

Name:  Compdot 4.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  32.6 KB

This came to my attention via S&W's release of the Jerry Miculek 9mm Performance Center revolver.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product...ecord-revolver

Name:  Compdot 3.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  45.2 KB

It appears Vortex has a new version of their full size Defender optic with a larger window to compete with the SRO and Holosun 507 Comp.

Vortex is showing it available with either a 5 MOA or 8 MOA dot. With an MSRP of $ 429 I'm guessing street price will be comparable to the Holosun 507 Comp.

Name:  Compdot 1.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  26.7 KB

Name:  Compdot 2.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  22.5 KB

https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-comp...icle-8~MOA~Dot

Huge Hard Coated Aspherical Lens Large Distortion Free Sight Picture.

Motion Activation With 10-Minute Auto-Shutoff Automatically activates with motion while 10-minute auto-shutoff saves battery life.

ShockShield™ Polymer insert absorbs shock to the 7075 aluminum body protecting it for everyday abuse.

Fast-Rack™ Texturing Aggressive texturing on face of optic for racking slide off any surface.

Top Mount Battery Easy battery change without having to rezero your optic.

8 Daylight Bright Brightness Settings Daylight bright, illuminated center dot aids in faster centerpoint acquisition in bright daylight conditions.

Parallax Free All red dot and holographic sights will exhibit some small amount of parallax. Matching current industry practice, this small amount would be considered "parallax free" and will make a negligible difference in performance.

Unlimited Eye Relief Non-critical eye relief for rapid target acquisition.

Night-Vision Compatibility The lowest 2 settings are nightvision compatible.

Waterproof O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating for reliable performance in all environments.

Fogproof Designed to withstand a wide range of temperatures.

Shockproof Rugged construction withstands recoil and impact.

Low-Glare Matte Black Anodized Corrosion and wear resistant anodization provides low-glare matte surface and helps camouflage the shooter's position.
    Single-Piece Chassis Compact and lightweight.

Shhhh, we're not supposed to talk about this. Really. Not yet.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Shhhh, we're not supposed to talk about this. Really. Not yet.
    Somebody should tell Smith and Wesson and Vortex since they both have publicly accessible webpages…..

Given the fact, the original defender CCW started showing up in stores before the supposed OK to talk about it date I think whoever is shushing this is full of s**t and it’s just vortex’s idea of a guerrilla marketing campaign.

Or their product release efforts are a mess and they have more leaks than the Iraqi Navy…..

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Somebody should tell Smith and Wesson and Vortex since they both have publicly accessible webpages…..

Given the fact, the original defender CCW started showing up in stores before the supposed OK to talk about it date I think whoever is shushing this is full of s**t and it’s just vortex’s idea of a guerrilla marketing campaign.

Or their product release efforts are a mess and they have more leaks than the Iraqi Navy…..
    Or, maybe I'm thinking of another optic of theirs, supposedly on its way, that is embargoed. Could be that too.

Looks like a good step up for them. Dig the availability of the larger dots. Not necessarily a fan of the DPP footprint choice, but…

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Not necessarily a fan of the DPP footprint choice, but…
    I really wish the industry would settle on one footprint, or possibly two (one for open emitters, and one for closed). Until that happens, I'll stick with plate systems. I don't want to pay for milling a slide, only to find out the one I chose is one that ends up being the BetaMax of optics.

8 MOA dot and a tooless battery cap? Consider me very intrested, even if I do think the DPP footprint is a bummer.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Looks like a good step up for them. Dig the availability of the larger dots. Not necessarily a fan of the DPP footprint choice, but…
    The screw hole spacing / positioning of the DPP footprint allows a top loading 2032 battery without having to push the lense forward like SRO and RMR HD which can cause issues with ejection or cases hitting the lens.

Site Supporter
    My Staccato looks longingly...

User Tag List