Page 207 of 209 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209 LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2083

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

As much as I am not a fan of sig, I will admit they sure do innovate and come out with cool stuff.

Anyone have experience with Glock chassis systems?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    As much as I am not a fan of sig, I will admit they sure do innovate and come out with cool stuff.

I have one of the Glock ones someplace, I should sell it since I’ve mostly moved off the platform. A MCK maybe?

I never spent enough time on it to develop an opinion.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I wonder if they'll randomly go off in a bag.
    Only if handled by an incompetent, assuming a recent production or upgraded FCU. I really think most of the more recent supposed unintended discharge episodes are BS, trying to leverage what was an actual past issue that SIG addressed.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Only if handled by an incompetent, assuming a recent production or upgraded FCU. I really think most of the more recent supposed unintended discharge episodes are BS, trying to leverage what was an actual past issue that SIG addressed.
    I haven't stayed up to date on anything P320 related. I'll admit this look's pretty slick, and appears to be a significantly smaller form factor than my Scorpion. I thought about ordering one for a second, just not willing to commit to adding another platform at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I haven't stayed up to date on anything P320 related. I'll admit this look's pretty slick, and appears to be a significantly smaller form factor than my Scorpion. I thought about ordering one for a second, just not willing to commit to adding another platform at this point.
    I’m sorry, I think my reply came off as a little harsh. I believe SIG had issues early on which led to changes, and I’m guessing most of the older FCUs probably haven’t been upgraded. I’m personally comfortable with newer production if equipped with a manual safety.
    Ken

Site Supporter
    I picked up a Century/MKE AP-5P back around Christmas and Form1'd it a couple of weeks later. Swapped out the extractor spring and ejector w/ spring for HK parts when new and it's been 100% so far with @ 1k rounds through it.

I bought a small, cheap Walmart backpack and reinforced/stiffened the bottom with foam to use as a discreet carry bag. I also have a 10.5" 5.56 AR with a LAW Folder and backpack set up, but this is a much smaller/lighter package that can actually be carried on your person and not look out of place.

I've gone through a few different brace/stock/handguard/light configurations, this is the current set-up...

Name:  20240403_211053.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  98.9 KB

Name:  20240403_211127.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  89.6 KB

Here's an idea for a PDW: Make the bastard love child of a PS90 and a Calico Liberty. Take the PS90's bullpup form factor and general layout and chamber the gun in 9mm. Instead of the PS90 mags with the rotating doohickey, use a 50-round helical mag like on the Calico. You'd just have to reverse the magazine design because the mags would need to feed from the rear of the mag instead of the front like on the Calico. If you're really ambitious, make the gun roller-delayed or something instead of straight blowback.

Keltec already makes many of their guns with the same "screw together two halves of a plastic shell" design that the PS90 uses, and something slightly dumb like a 9mm helical mag bullpup sounds right up their alley.

Somewhere I have Recover Tactical 9mm Gen3/4 brace thingy. If anyone is interested in it, I’ll find it.

Abandoned that after Form 1’d the G34 and dropped it into a proper B&T chassis. That thing is amazeballs!
    Iraqveteran8888 & Gun Jesus have both done good videos on the B&T.
    Last edited by jandbj; 05-16-2024 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Somewhere I have Recover Tactical 9mm Gen3/4 brace thingy. If anyone is interested in it, I’ll find it.

Abandoned that after Form 1’d the G34 and dropped it into a proper B&T chassis. That thing is amazeballs!
    Iraqveteran8888 & Gun Jesus have both done good videos on the B&T.
    You have a USW-G? Jelly!
    Ken

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....88#post1577588

User Tag List