Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Recommend a 22lr

Unfortunately my Sig P322 did not work out to well, from the start my slide lock was very finicky. It would slam the slide shut as soon as I removed the empty mag and got worse the more I shot it. After around 2500 rounds I started developing lots of no fires, at around 2700 it would not fire at all. I have a feeling that the slide is riding too high on the frame causing the hammer to not strike the FP solidly. Need to ship it back to Sig.

We'll see what happens. I typically dont jump on new releases until some time has passed. These have been out for a few years so hopefully all/most bugs have been worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    ^ Thats what I ended up going with yesterday. Put the Ruger towards a new 322.
    Well done, the ruger is a good gun but the Sig checks all the boxes when it comes to what I want in a rimfire pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I didn’t notice one, so I just looked at the manual - they show a cable lock through the bolt.
    Thanks. I think I remember when they came out with the MkIII, they incorporated a lock that required a key. Maybe it was in the magwell, I don't remember. I don't buy guns with key-locks.

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Anything on the Walther P22?
    It's an also-ran. Fine if you get it for a great deal, but it's cheaply made, has clunky sights, and is likely to be ammo sensitive without some DIY gunsmithing.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    It's an also-ran. Fine if you get it for a great deal, but it's cheaply made, has clunky sights, and is likely to be ammo sensitive without some DIY gunsmithing.
    Whenever I hear "Walther P-22" I want to place a protective hand over my fundamental exhaust. I bought one based on a review in a major gun publication, and that pistol was a dumpster fire jammed up my butt... sideways. My personal high-water mark of regrettable handgun purchases, regardless of price; hopeless from beginning to end. I traded it in (with full disclosure) for a pittance and never wanted to see or hear about it again.

When gata n wanted to get a Ruger SR-22, I assumed it would be congruent to the P-22 as far as being a miserable POS, and I had a cow. Thankfully, the little Ruger turned out to be everything the P-22 was not. Pleasant surprise.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

User Tag List