Thread: Adapters and calibers

Site Supporter

Adapters and calibers

For those that have multiple suppressors, do you isolate connection type, I.e. Keymo vs Xeno, based on caliber to prevent cross contamination or do you use the same connector on all of your cans?

ETA, if this has been covered before and I missed the thread, my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimagirus View Post
    For those that have multiple suppressors, do you isolate connection type, I.e. Keymo vs Xeno, based on caliber to prevent cross contamination or do you use the same connector on all of your cans?

ETA, if this has been covered before and I missed the thread, my apologies.
    I just went through this when I realized I had the same mount on 5.56 and 9mm cans (YHM sRx.). I took the path of least resistance and changed the 9mm to Phantom using parts I already had.

Pushing a 9mm round through the 5.56 Turbo K would have been festive…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I have zero use for anything but direct thread and am at 7 cans… the one exception could be someday something like a dedicated Surefire RC-3… but only because I can’t get it in a direct thread option. Chasing the different mounts and eventual end of lifing of some of them is a monumental paint in the ass. And since all my can use is strictly recreational outside of on duty usage of department owned items, it’s also the simplest route.

I went with the Griffin plan A with my first and just use it on all of my rifles.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I use Keymo on both .22 cal and .30 cal, but I have a dedicated silencer for each rifle so I'm not particularly worried about accidentally putting a .22 cal can on a .30 cal gun. I'm more worried about shooting a 300 BLK cartridge in a 5.56mm gun, and I'm not particularly worried about that either.
    Last edited by CleverNickname; 05-22-2024 at 11:00 AM.

User Tag List