Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Walther PPK now available in .32 / 7.65

Site Supporter
    Yeah, I ain’t payin a grand for one of these. The .380s settled around 700ish. Give or take.

I get the sense that American-made Interarms PPKs were the worst in terms of reliability. Seems like new Ft. Smith ones are better than those… and probably S&W. Maybe the .32 will be even better?

Maybe not.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Site Supporter
    Are the pre-S&W guns drop safe with the safety off safe?
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Obligatory pic of my P230, currently sitting in consignment.

Attachment 118310
    Nice stocks.

Name:  P232SL Karl Nill.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  73.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    ETA: MSRP of $969 is a compelling disincentive.
    Definitely...though I imagine the profit margin is still pretty slim. I'm guessing that in 2024, it's going to be very expensive to produce an all metal pistol in low volumes....and this one is even more snowflakey with the 32ACP setup, which probably adds even more cost since it's additional production to tool for.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Yeah, I ain’t payin a grand for one of these. The .380s settled around 700ish. Give or take.

I get the sense that American-made Interarms PPKs were the worst in terms of reliability. Seems like new Ft. Smith ones are better than those… and probably S&W. Maybe the .32 will be even better?

Maybe not.
    (Emphasis added)

Give or take a safety recall for possible unintentional discharge when decocking...

https://www.smith-wesson.com/safety/...-safety-recall

If I remember right, it traced back to S&W design changes to improve the DA trigger pull but won't swear to it.
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

I put many a brick of .22 through a PPK clone as a yute. The .32 has some appeal. The .22 PPK/S would but it's hard to get past the airsoft pot metal construction. (Aren't those made by Umarex?)

It wouldn't supplant a P365 or J-frame as an actual carry piece. That day has long since passed. But it's nice to take something like this (novelty) on trips to the square range because just banging away with a holosun'd P365 would get boring in a hurry.

It’s a lot closer to 2029 at this point than 1929. The PP/PPK series has been completely eclipsed by more modern designs—and I say that as a guy who owns a wartime PPK in .32.

That said, if one just *has* to own a PPK (like me) then .32 is the caliber. Who wants a .380 that’s heavier than a G43, yet feels snappier in recoil?

Now, give me a modern, reliable PPK in .32 with an alloy frame, and I might listen. Make it a modern, reliable *TPH*, and I’ll throw hundred dollar bills at my local FFL.

The most powerful and harmful influence Trump has had on our politics…has been the effect on his opponents. They have been triggered into an orgy of self-mutilation—eager to amputate their own history and disfigure their own political traditions.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    (Emphasis added)

Give or take a safety recall for possible unintentional discharge when decocking...

https://www.smith-wesson.com/safety/...-safety-recall

If I remember right, it traced back to S&W design changes to improve the DA trigger pull but won't swear to it.
    Whoa.

Yeah, I vaguely remember some recall with the S&W ones. But I feel like, from a general feeding/cycling standpoint, the Smiths were better than the Ranger-manufactured ones (from Interarms)—at least that’s what I’ve gleaned from forum posts/anecdotal evidence. I think the German ones were the best, as far as quality/reliability. Not surprising.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 05-11-2024 at 03:00 PM.

Totally not interested after owning an HK4 in .380. I gave it away to a relative so long ago. Maybe it was worse than I remember but I'd have to buy another one if HK built it.
    Last edited by Borderland; 05-11-2024 at 04:12 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    My immediate thought when I read the title was that an original PPS in .32 would be very cool.
    That would, actually.

On a related note, Walther acts like it really wants to be taken seriously as a manufacturer of duty and self-defense pistols, but has recently come out with a facelift version of the POS PK380 and now a .32 PPK with zero indication of any plan to compete with the P365. I love the PPS M1 and M2, but they really need to make an M3 that joins the current crop of high capacity micro 9s.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    That would, actually.

On a related note, Walther acts like it really wants to be taken seriously as a manufacturer of duty and self-defense pistols, but has recently come out with a facelift version of the POS PK380 and now a .32 PPK with zero indication of any plan to compete with the P365. I love the PPS M1 and M2, but they really need to make an M3 that joins the current crop of high capacity micro 9s.
    Walther actually has ”PDK” trademarked: https://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=9...e=statusSearch

I’m gonna guess the “K” stands for “kompact.”

I mean, I guess there’s no guarantee they have a product for the name. But… there were also some Walther patents floating around for compact pistol stuff.

Sometimes I wonder if they’re waiting until after HK drops the VP9CC (in the US) so they’re not a “me too.”

User Tag List