Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: Glock 44 range reports

D. Sevigny says a lot about G44 sights at
    https://sevignyperformance.com/2020/...-new-glock-44/
    Although I have read of successful DIY installation.

I don't know what generation the G44 mimics, but Vanek sells a trigger group for it. Expensive for polished up factory parts, but the one I shot needs all the help it can get.
    https://vanekcustom.com/basic-trigger-kits/
    Reportedly the Performance Trigger can be made to work by swapping in the .22 ejector..
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    Is the lower a true Gen 5 set up?

meaning I can change components for a lighter/smoother trigger press.
    My G44 has a 3.5 lb. connector and standard trigger spring. It still has the worst trigger of any of my Glocks (gen 3 with NY1 springs and 3.5 lb connectors).

I do not know if the new factory competition trigger will work.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

It is, sorta…

The component on the G44 would be the minus connector. It breaks at a little over 4lbs. when I measure it. The original Glock P.T. had a dot connector and was a little over 4 lbs. also. The Glock European website lists the G44 as one that can accept the 2nd version. Glock US doesn’t at the moment, but I talked to an experienced GSSF competitor who switched ejectors and it’s working at matches, so that was good enough for me.
    I had one of the first G44s years ago; didn’t like the trigger, it was finicky on ammo, etc. I moved it on. Two plus years ago, I got another one. Trigger “feel” was slightly improved, and I went the Performance route a couple of months ago. I have ~1,000 rounds through it. Punched the barrel with a brush, wiped outside of barrel with an oil damp patch and put a couple of drops on the trigger mechanism as Glock recommended with the P.T. every 500 rounds. I have mostly run Aguila Super Extra and a box or two of “Interceptor” with one failure to eject on a cool morning several months back when ammo and gun had been in car overnight. I blame that one on me.
    Sights: I have CAREFULLY mounted Sevigny and Heinie fiber optic sets and a set of Glock BOLD night sights on 44s. As Sevigny advises, one just exercises caution with the polymer slide. Both the fiber sets had a set screw in the rear which, after I zeroed, I tightened slightly. I’m pretty sure one could screw it into the polymer, so just went easy. I would not want to do clearance drills; could wreck the slide. But for fundamentals as a starter Glock, I think it’s spot on. One daughter didn’t like the white outline adjustable, so I took a standard polymer rear and turned it around. Works for her.
    On the promising cadet with smallest hands, a respectful suggestion: a G48MOS when she graduates to a 9. Red dot upgrade available, Streamlight and Nightstick make a subcompact light and it’s a fifth generation. Just a thought…
    I do wish Glock would develop an optics capable slide.
    Edit for emphasis: I got the V.2 trigger, and a Glock .22 ejector. Pulled the 9mm and .22 ejectors and installed the.22.
    Last edited by 1Rangemaster; 05-11-2024 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Emphasis

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    The component on the G44 would be the minus connector. It breaks at a little over 4lbs. when I measure it. The original Glock P.T. had a dot connector and was a little over 4 lbs. also. The Glock European website lists the G44 as one that can accept the 2nd version. Glock US doesn’t at the moment, but I talked to an experienced GSSF competitor who switched ejectors and it’s working at matches, so that was good enough for me.
    I had one of the first G44s years ago; didn’t like the trigger, it was finicky on ammo, etc. I moved it on. Two plus years ago, I got another one. Trigger “feel” was slightly improved, and I went the Performance route a couple of months ago. I have ~1,000 rounds through it. Punched the barrel with a brush, wiped outside of barrel with an oil damp patch and put a couple of drops on the trigger mechanism as Glock recommended with the P.T. every 500 rounds. I have mostly run Aguila Super Extra and a box or two of “Interceptor” with one failure to eject on a cool morning several months back when ammo and gun had been in car overnight. I blame that one on me.
    Sights: I have CAREFULLY mounted Sevigny and Heinie fiber optic sets and a set of Glock BOLD night sights on 44s. As Sevigny advises, one just exercises caution with the polymer slide. Both the fiber sets had a set screw in the rear which, after I zeroed, I tightened slightly. I’m pretty sure one could screw it into the polymer, so just went easy. I would not want to do clearance drills; could wreck the slide. But for fundamentals as a starter Glock, I think it’s spot on. One daughter didn’t like the white outline adjustable, so I took a standard polymer rear and turned it around. Works for her.
    On the promising cadet with smallest hands, a respectful suggestion: a G48MOS when she graduates to a 9. Red dot upgrade available, Streamlight and Nightstick make a subcompact light and it’s a fifth generation. Just a thought…
    I do wish Glock would develop an optics capable slide.
    Edit for emphasis: I got the V.2 trigger, and a Glock .22 ejector. Pulled the 9mm and .22 ejectors and installed the.22.
    The small hand female works for another agency (Sheriff's Dept) and they issue G17. I was told by a friend that she should look at Walther PDPF for a duty gun. I let her hold my G48MOS and she said that was for her. I also told her to look at the G43X.

The problem with the slim frame is I dont think they make duty holsters for those models.

thanks for the info on G44 mods.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Original GPT with an ejector swap and proper Gen5 slide cover plate has been boringly reliable in my early G44. I swapped the front sight for a narrow Defoor and sharpied the factory rear adjustable goal post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    My G44 has a 3.5 lb. connector and standard trigger spring. It still has the worst trigger of any of my Glocks (gen 3 with NY1 springs and 3.5 lb connectors).

I do not know if the new factory competition trigger will work.
    I have the same set up in mine and the same results as far as the trigger is concerned. I will say that applying that drop of oil on the connector is more important with the 44 then any other Glock. The carbon and gunk build up in the 44 can get very heavy very fast, also affecting the trigger pull.

Got over 12000 rounds fired with mine and I’m still loving this gun, minimal ware and tear still looks new.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I have the same set up in mine and the same results as far as the trigger is concerned. I will say that applying that drop of oil on the connector is more important with the 44 then any other Glock. The carbon and gunk build up in the 44 can get very heavy very fast, also affecting the trigger pull.

Got over 12000 rounds fired with mine and I’m still loving this gun, minimal ware and tear still looks new.
    Thanks! I will have to keep that in mind.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    I just ordered one of these connectors. In this gun, I think it might be worth a try.

https://www.glockstore.com/black-ice...y=1&custcol5=1

The bare frame is identical to a G19. So yes, sans the ejector and mags the lower is the same.

The small hand female works for another agency (Sheriff's Dept) and they issue G17. I was told by a friend that she should look at Walther PDPF for a duty gun. I let her hold my G48MOS and she said that was for her. I also told her to look at the G43X.

The problem with the slim frame is I dont think they make duty holsters for those models.

thanks for the info on G44 mods.
    Kudos to you, sir, as an instructor going the extra distance to assist a student. As to the holster, Safariland has an ALS holster out for a G48 w/light. I’m not at work, but we got a T&E to try, so that exists. Not sure about a bail strap…
    @Spartan1980 - respectfully disagree on the G44 lower being identical. The locking block is polymer, and the slide stop lever is different I suppose because of the 10 round .22 mag. Other parts do transfer like the mag catch…

User Tag List