Thread: Glock Magazine Generation Compatibility 9mm

Glock Magazine Generation Compatibility 9mm

Are there differences between Gen 4 and Gen 5 9mm Magazines beyond just the different base plate and orange follower of the Gen 5? I seem to have found some sources saying the feed lips have been changed on Gen 5, etc. The G19X magazines appear to simply be Gen 4 magazines as far as I can tell, should I really expect to have problems using Gen 4 G17 magazines in G19X?

I haven’t seen anything about the feed lip or other magazine body geometry being changed. My Gen 4 and 5 magazines look identical.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I ran some older generation (G3?) G17 mags through my G5 G19 just fine.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Gen 5 mags won’t fit a 19X due to the longer baseplate. You can run Gen 4’s no problem. If you bought Gen 5 mags you’d have to either swap the baseplates, or trim your frame. All Gen mags are compatible with the 45 and all 17’s (other than 3’s don’t have ambi notches).

AFAIK the follower is the exact same besides being orange.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....from%20seating.
    Last edited by Darth_Uno; 05-10-2024 at 12:38 AM.

User Tag List