Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sports fans- do you own your favorite players jerseys?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuefelhunden View Post
    There is also collecting/displaying versus wearing.
    Now that you mention it, I did have a framed George Teague, Dallas Cowboys jersey that was gifted to me by my sister. The significance was that at one time in my I life, I lived at a 31 Teague Street, and at that time in his career, George Teague wore #31, which we thought was funny.

This thing showed up and was huge. I thought she had sent me a 70" TV, and was hesitant to open the package. It turned out to be wood and glass framed Teague Cowboys jersey. I wasn't a Teague fan, a Cowboys fan, or Packers or 'Bama fan, and really had no place for it, so it just sat against the wall in the living room for a year or two.

One day, the HVAC technician working on the inside unit noticed and commented it was a pretty cool framed jersey. He also commented that he and his kids were big Cowboy's fans. Then he mentioned his last name was Teague, and there you have it, I gifted that thing to him on the spot. He came back after work with his van and picked it up, and it worked out for the both of us.

That's a great story JTQ and you were very kind to gift it that guy.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    I had a Bernie Parent Flyers jersey when I was a kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    One is an old jersey from when Greg Maddux played for Atlanta...
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    but then I'd have to figure out if whoever wore that number is now in prison or has some kind of bad behavior that they'd not like to be associated with, so no jersey's for them, yet.
    Honestly, that's your best bet. Get a retro jersey for a retired player who's not likely to do anything too embarrassing at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Honestly, that's your best bet. Get a retro jersey for a retired player who's not likely to do anything too embarrassing at this point.
    Safer, yet... Buffalo Bills #32...
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

I was at a work related silent auction where someone donated some jerseys that were replicas, but the very nice embroidered jerseys that mimicked the legit gear.
    One of them was a Pat Tillman AZ State jersey and nobody was bidding on it. I bought it (cheaper than I am sure the company donating it paid), because Pat Fucking Tillman.
    It is a great cover garment and can hide the biggest pistol you would ever wanna carry. It is probably pretty gray because it looks like some dood going to bar to watch a game. It is around here someplace, I need to find it...

That’s a great jersey to have!
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Not my favorite player, but I have quite a few basketball jerseys. Was a young man during the throwback era and that was a whole vibe. ended up with a number of Mitchell and Ness throwbacks (favorites being my Celtics Russell and VA Squires Dr. J) and a whole bunch of random authentic jerseys for cheap after players got traded. Bought a couple of blank authentic jerseys for cheap, like $30 bucks, and sent them off to be personalized. Current favorite is my Orlando Magic Scott Skiles jersey I had personalized. Also have a few baseball jerseys, Reggie Jackson Oakland A’s away, a Mo Vaughn NY Mets, and a couple of blank Nationals Authentics I need to send out for personalization.

The only player jersey I have that’s younger than me is my rookie year Lebron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

The problem with a jersey bearing your favorite player's name in his home team colors is that players are mercenaries and he might well be with a different team next season.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I have thought of getting a jersey of my favorite team and putting my own last name on it, but I recall an ESPN "Mike & Mike in the Morning" episode, where Mike Golic (former Notre Dame and Philadelphia Eagles player) commented about such stuff and mentioned his personal objection to that stuff since the fan didn't actually play for said team. I know it's kind of dumb, but it did affect my thought process and I decided against it.
    I feel totally justified, since I'm technically a part-owner of the Green Bay Packers; one share of stock, baby!
    I'm a "7" compared to most gun-guys, which means I'm a "3" on P-F.

User Tag List