Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Pack of dogs attack people in Philly

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    You've never been to Philly, I see.

Baltimore, Philadelphia, and D.C are generously described as "shitholes".
    Went to college just outside Philly in the very early 80s.

It was a shithole then.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    That was a huge mf'in dog.

The other dogs didn't even register the siren and looked like a few didn't even notice the gun shots.

Feral packs of dogs and humans are my number one, daily threat. And among those two, feral dog packs are slightly above.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post

We traveled a bit in AZ with an RV. We stayed in a camp not far from Casa Grande. I was out with my dog early one morning in the desert and saw a pack of wild dogs. I asked around and found out nobody walked their dogs outside of the fenced camp ground because of the wild dogs. Time to hire an exterminator. I'm not an advocate of shooting dogs, but sometimes they just need a bullet. Not unlike some people.
    Rez dogs.

I had a pack of these things try to get me while stopped at a 4 way on a reservation once. They were trying to jump into my little honda and get to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Yup apparently someone has never been to the ‘hood.

In cities full of feral humans why wouldn’t one expect feral dogs ?
    Target victim was so lucky that LEO got there so quick. Kudo's to the bystanders who tried to help.

And even that big dog . . . although he needed to be shot . . . hated to watch him fade off flailing. Wish he'd drawn a better ticket.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I’ve used OC on dogs 5 times. Mrs. CF has done it twice. When sprayed on the dogs’ face the results were disappointing. Way better results with a big flashlight to the head.
    Yeah, I found POM to be disappointing on a dog.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    That's disappointing to read. Guess I'll go back to carrying my sap.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post

Here goes yet another thread drift.....May I ask if this, in your experience, applies to all sizes - or just sizes and breeds such as the ones seen in the video? I'm curious as we recently became dog owners.

Any/all info will be very much appreciated.
    Last edited by 11B10; 05-09-2024 at 09:39 AM.
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Unlike the chemical agents CN and CS, the OC particles have to have direct contact with the eyes and respiratory tract in order to be effective. The ideal deployment to a person would be a sneak attack (don't display) when the person's eyes are open and they are inhaling.

One of the problems I found when talking with officers who reported OC failures was, IMO, not enough OC on target. I believe that the ideal is three seconds impacting the face.

That might be part of the problems as that time on target might be hard to achieve with an attacking dog.

I've probably OC'ed over 500 student officers (it wasn't mandatory the last decade or so I worked) big difference in the fight through the OC based on how much they've received.

I've also heard that dogs who've hit on bite sleeves don't release when sprayed with OC - don't know about sprays to the anus in that situation.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Dogs aren’t affected by OC like humans are. Commonly used less lethal chemical agents are 75% psychological which is why they’re sometimes ineffective on drunk, drugged, or deranged people. Dogs don’t know they’re supposed to shut down when they’re exposed. Fogger MK9 canisters were pretty effective in driving dogs off. They don’t like the big orange cloud just as fire extinguishers can drive a dog off.

We trained our dogs to go into heavy CS and OC environments because they’d have to search with SWAT in gas filled structures. I never tried spraying a dog’s butthole though.

I’ve seen videos of k9 training where they get sprayed directly in the face and then get sent to find and engage the hiding decoy. They were successful.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I know flash bangs work. (Wasn't done purposely, and I wasn't the one who tossed it on the entry where it occurred.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List