Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Latest generation Mazda Miata

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    My wife wants the Miata, that’s what we are getting.
    I guess I did sound like I was promoting an alternative...
    I was just sayin that the performance of something like the Miata (that is about the same as my car) is fast enough to be a buttload of fun on the street.

Hammertime
    I didn’t know… We rented one for a weekend and now we are ordering one. Good lord, this thing is more fun than my Raptor and feels just as fast. Most fun I’ve ever had with my pants on. Sips gas at 31.5MPG, even the automatic transmission is always ready to party with the engine on tap in an instant. I’ve driven Porsches and Corvettes, I’m good with a latest generation Miata 😁

Attachment 118091
    Hasn't it been out for like a decade now! Miatas are hecking fun.

Current gen Miata is about as close to driving perfection as you can get these days. It's the automotive equivalent to a suppressed .22lr that never jams.

Word of caution on the RF: wind noise sucks. If you plan to drive with the top down the soft top is a lot better. Highly recommend you drove both before deciding.

I always kept earplugs in my Miata for when my ears got full.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Current gen Miata is about as close to driving perfection as you can get these days. It's the automotive equivalent to a suppressed .22lr that never jams.

Word of caution on the RF: wind noise sucks. If you plan to drive with the top down the soft top is a lot better. Highly recommend you drove both before deciding.
    We found the wind noise fine and the RF will be warmer in Wyoming.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I had a genuine 95 R Package Miata years ago with a Hard Dog roll bar, FM suspension, etc. It was tons of fun. Bought it for $4500 and sold it for $7500 after owning it for 2 years. I'm 6' and it barely fit me.

We bought an 01 for my stepdaughter last year; pretty sure I related it here. The NB, not surprisingly since it's basically the same as an NA, also barely fits me. Anyhoo, we found the current car a couple hours away on CL for $800, it hadn't run for 2 years. Winched it up on a Uhaul trailer, toted it back home, put it on the lift, tightened up a floppy crank position sensor using a credit card as a spacer, and poof! Fixed. It had 265K or so on it at the time....I think it's approaching 300k now and is still doing fine. I taught her how to drive a manual with it, still on the same clutch and she's driving like a pro. Hoping to take it to an auto-x sometime this summer so she can see what that's about.

For me personally, the Miata is just too small to feel truly comfortable. My car is a Scat Pack Charger....talk about polar opposites! I actually really enjoy C4 Corvettes for eating up the miles, they're like a Miata that fits.

It seems these days, a six-speed shifter is sovereign proof against certain types of car theft.

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    I had a genuine 95 R Package Miata years ago with a Hard Dog roll bar, FM suspension, etc. It was tons of fun. Bought it for $4500 and sold it for $7500 after owning it for 2 years. I'm 6' and it barely fit me.

We bought an 01 for my stepdaughter last year; pretty sure I related it here. The NB, not surprisingly since it's basically the same as an NA, also barely fits me. Anyhoo, we found the current car a couple hours away on CL for $800, it hadn't run for 2 years. Winched it up on a Uhaul trailer, toted it back home, put it on the lift, tightened up a floppy crank position sensor using a credit card as a spacer, and poof! Fixed. It had 265K or so on it at the time....I think it's approaching 300k now and is still doing fine. I taught her how to drive a manual with it, still on the same clutch and she's driving like a pro. Hoping to take it to an auto-x sometime this summer so she can see what that's about.

For me personally, the Miata is just too small to feel truly comfortable. My car is a Scat Pack Charger....talk about polar opposites! I actually really enjoy C4 Corvettes for eating up the miles, they're like a Miata that fits.
    Try switching from a Ford Raptor to a Miata, that’s interesting too 😁
    #RESIST

Try switching from a Ford Raptor to a Miata, that’s interesting too 😁
    In about 1979 I had a lifted shortbed 4x4 Chevy with a 4spd (creeper gear) and an Austin Healy Sprite...

Name:  IMG_8428.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  63.1 KB
    #RESIST

User Tag List