Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152

Thread: The Obligatory 4" Revolver Picture Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    What grips?
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4" Model 29 with some .44 Russian Wadcutters.

I’ve never been much of a “revolver” person. I’ve had them… carried them as backups, and shot them… fairly poorly compared to semi autos. A buddy bought me a S&W model 15 (LASD marked) for a birthday a while back and I shot it enough to know what fun a revolver really can be.

That was maybe six years ago… maybe more… maybe less. I’ve picked up a couple more revolvers but hadn’t shot much other than my J-frame backups/yard guns which get occasional range time.

Last week, after watching a @jlw podcast about the recent Snub Revolver Roundup, which may have also featured a guy who gifted me a model 15 for a birthday…. I decided I needed to participate in a Wheelgun Wednesday. I went to the range and put some rounds through a few revolvers… My S&W model 19 stood out as a serious shooter.

Since retiring, I carry what I want. Mostly that’s 1911s… whether it be .38 Super, .45 Auto, or 9mm, that’s what’s mostly there. I carry a Hi-Power now and then and a S&W CSX. I’m too young to be old and too old to be young so I carry an optic-equipped Staccato now and then as well. Yard guns are a Ruger LCP or a S&W 342PD.

Today was my first Wheelgun Wednesday. I carried that S&W Model 19… an old pinned and recessed 1970-something (I think) with .38 Special 135gr +P Gold Dots… It’s the round I know. The holster is a JMCK AIWB with the wing claw removed and adjusted for a slight cant at around 3-o-clock. I carried the speed loader because I haven’t practiced with speed strips.

I didn’t die.

Tomorrow is .38 Thursday and I’ll be carrying a Super .38 1911… but I’m digging this Wednesday thing.

Name:  IMG_0100.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  50.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0101.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  100.5 KB

User Tag List