Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trauma Kit Giveaway: 3 Prizes

Banned
    I signed up for and paid for a trauma med class that was held on Aug 3rd , lost a wheel bearing 220 miles form home and about 40 miles from the class. Cost me over a grand to get the truck back home and fixed , missed the class but am on the list for the next one and they credited my payment from the one I missed for the next one.

I'm signed up for the Dark Angel Medical class in Chantilly, VA on Nov 10th and 11th
    I took the Red Cross Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED course earlier this year.

I've been interested in taking a Wilderness First Aid course, but haven't gotten to it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    I'm signed up for the Dark Angel Medical class in Chantilly, VA on Nov 10th and 11th
    Kerry is a good dude and I thought the class was very well done.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Awesome, guys! Keep it coming.

FWIW, I also signed up for a somewhat related class: Incident Response to a Terrorist Bombing. It's a 4 day class down in New Mexico that I'm going to with a couple chiefs from work, and will be great to attend since I'm not only a first responder but involved in emergency management/planning as well. I think it's ironic that I'm a libertarian but now registered with FEMA and DHS......double ironic that they will be teaching me how to make bombs! And after that, maybe I'll head out to the course where we handle live VX, which we'll incorporate the lessons learned into our spec ops/decon team.

For those first responders on the forum (cops, fire, EMS, ect), I highly recommend you check out the various resident courses offered by the Center for Domestic Preparedness.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by PT Doc View Post
    Kerry is a good dude and I thought the class was very well done.
    Very cool. I'm planning on doing a write up of it afterwards too. So something for everyone to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I also signed up for a somewhat related class: Incident Response to a Terrorist Bombing. For those first responders on the forum (cops, fire, EMS, ect), I highly recommend you check out the various resident courses offered by the Center for Domestic Preparedness.
    Great to see that one's still out there. I had to drop my EMS work a number of years ago for medical reasons, sadly, but circa 2004 I dreamed of going to that course. It always looked like fun!

Thank you for doing this lottery. I'm a huge proponent of everyone in this community getting at least basic first aid training. You're orders of magnitude more likely to need to know how to help someone who's injured than you are to need to shoot something, but we often have our priorities askew. Maybe we can figure out a way to make this a recurring event or find another way to motivate people to sign up. If anyone has a vendor connection or something, I bet you could get people over the hump and signed up for swag.

Thanks again and enjoy the course!
    "The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to have its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards." - Sir William Francis Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Great to see that one's still out there. I had to drop my EMS work a number of years ago for medical reasons, sadly, but circa 2004 I dreamed of going to that course. It always looked like fun!

Thank you for doing this lottery. I'm a huge proponent of everyone in this community getting at least basic first aid training. You're orders of magnitude more likely to need to know how to help someone who's injured than you are to need to shoot something, but we often have our priorities askew. Maybe we can figure out a way to make this a recurring event or find another way to motivate people to sign up. If anyone has a vendor connection or something, I bet you could get people over the hump and signed up for swag.

Thanks again and enjoy the course!
    Yeah dude, they've got a TON of courses now. We're excited to try out the new coastal flooding course they're going to open up in Hawaii. For one, it's in Hawaii. 'Nuff said. Two, coastal flooding is big in our area, especially with Superstorm Sandy and the predictions that such will happen more often in the future with our weather patterns. Even still, my city floods a fair bit, requiring evacuation of several nursing homes (ugghhh), closing a major route through the city, and disabling some of our vehicles. We have water rescues in our county on a regular basis during those quick, super heavy rainstorms. So, it'll be a great education opportunity for us and more we can add into our emergency management planning and training for our employees.

Best part is that as a supervisor not on any particular shift rotation, I can make my own schedule. Hopefully I can stack my hours at the ends of the course so I only burn 1-2 days of paid time off, instead of 6. It's good to be the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    It's good to be the boss.
    Seriously!

I hope you can do good writeups of the course and what you learn. Obviously not all the material is for public consumption (or wise to post on the internet), but the safety and lessons learned would be good to share. One of the great features of web fora is the ability to disseminate what you learn from hard life lessons, or from "training" in Hawaii.
    "The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to have its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards." - Sir William Francis Butler

Only a few days left, sign up for a class!

If you have, be sure to message me!

1st Prize (red trauma kit): Corvus

AMK Trauma Pack and pocket CPR kits: SeriousStudent and Dropkick.

Please check your inbox, guys.

I hope you guys can find a good use for these kits. Work desk, range bag, hunting vest, car, ect. Just something to help!

Make sure to let us know how your training goes.

User Tag List