Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries hires anti-gun, cowardly political hack Jody Weis as an instructor

Quote Originally Posted by jwoods1099 View Post
    Earlier today we announced that Jody Weis will not be joining the Troy Asymmetric cadre of instructors.

Mr. Weis has no affiliation with Troy Asymmetric or any of its affiliated companies. It was the intention of Troy Asymmetric to retain him as a contract employee for government-specific programs. Troy Industries had no knowledge of Mr. Weis’ political leanings or stance on the Second Amendment as we are not involved in Chicago politics.

Troy has consistently put its money where its mouth is demonstrating a firm belief of the individual’s right to bear arms. Troy has turned away tens of millions of dollars in business from a sporting goods retailer who did not support our individual rights following the Newtown tragedy. Troy is the only firearms manufacturer to take this ethical stance on the Second Amendment.

Our immediate actions today re-affirm our commitment to the fundamental individual right to bear arms.
    Are you affiliated with Troy?
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Dangit, I bought a Troy rifle last year from DSG, and then boycotted DSG because of their 2A stance.

Now I have to boycott Troy for their 2A stance.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Looks like jwoods is just copy/pasting these exact same replies across the 'net. Example: http://dirtydozensbunker.com/showpos...8&postcount=10
    That's disappointing. I thought there was at least some chance that jwood would bring some real answers here, but it now seems quite unlikely that will happen.

I don't understand how the firearm industry is so incapable of learning from the mistakes of others. In just the past few years we've seen personalities, manufacturers, publications, and organizations all stepping in various messes. It seems that 9 times out of 10, one of these god-awful PR campaigns is started ("Hey, let's blast everyone with copy/paste messages! That will persuade them!"). Heels dig in. People just get more frustrated. The Streisand effect ensures that word only spreads farther. And then when all the smoke clears, there's all this collateral damage that could have easily been avoided.

By the way, the whole "we are not involved in Chicago politics" argument is a hilarious excuse. Are we to believe that no one even did a basic Google search on Weis before hiring him? What year are we living in? It seems that internet daters investigate their partners more than Troy investigates someone who is going to represent their name. (Though I guess us gun-stroking basement-dwellers do have more time on our hands.)
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Speaking of the Dick's deal... I made the terrible mistake of ordering some of your rifles after that whole thing exploded, at the higher price point... They're still sitting in my back room. Distributors recently dropped the price $100 below what I paid, so I dropped them $100 and they still don't sell...

I have a hard time recommending that my customers buy anything made by a company whose values aren't in line with the average gun owner. I guess I will just cost them out and get my $$ back out of them and never order them again (wasn't going to anyway since they aren't moving, but definitely won't consider it now). We already put all our Troy Battle Mags in the $10 value bin to try and get rid of those and as much as I like your backup irons (I have a set on my personal DDM4V5) I guess we'll be looking into alternatives to those as well.

You made your bed, Troy. Time to lie in it.

Kyle
    President of Kyle's Gunshop, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Looks like jwoods is just copy/pasting these exact same replies across the 'net. Example: http://dirtydozensbunker.com/showpos...8&postcount=10
    That's disappointing. I thought there was at least some chance that jwood would bring some real answers here, but it now seems quite unlikely that will happen.
    Interesting.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Interesting.
    In that same thread he clearly argues as if he is on staff at Troy.

http://dirtydozensbunker.com/showpos...92&postcount=9

Why is the official statement never; "We kittened up, big time. Learning has occurred. Sorry about that, we will be more careful in the future. Thanks to the many people who brought this important issue to our attention".

I'd have a lot of respect for something like that.

Site Supporter
    It looks like Troy Asymmetric cleaned out all of their blog entries, recently. Luckily, Google cached them:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...tric.com/blog/

They also removed the link to their Instructors page.

ETA: As as result of their web site purge, they have a lot of bad links on their FB page. Doh!
    Last edited by JV_; 08-23-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Weis should consider a spa day...

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I am grateful to belong to a community that self-polices as aggressively as this one. It is a necessity in order to keep rotten apples from ruining the bushel, as it were; if only other industries would behave similarly.

Why, imagine if Congress as as interested in the moral integrity of their fellow members!

User Tag List