Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast

Thread: Glock 47 MOS

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    We are all different in what we need. For me, grip length is far more important than barrel/slide length. I'd have no issues carrying a G34 AIWB except for one thing. The grip prints terribly on me. For others it's not an issue. A 5" 1911 is the same, I have no issue at all with stuffing all that barrel in my pants, but that grip....

I'd carry most any sized gun except I want my shit concealed and I need a freaking micro grip to keep it hidden.
    I was pretty happy with a Glock 26 for many years but I almost always ran it with a +2 base pad which basically made it G 19 size.

The 26 grip with the +2 does eliminate some of the rear hump that makes blocks more challenging to hide though.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I was pretty happy with a Glock 26 for many years but I almost always ran it with a +2 base pad which basically made it G 19 size.

The 26 grip with the +2 does eliminate some of the rear hump that makes blocks more challenging to hide though.
    I'm beginning to understand why that 26 appealed to you. I'm just now after all these years, own one and shooting it was sort is sort of an epiphany. It shoots easier than my 17, as in faster AND more accurate. I'm still trying to figure out why.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    I'm beginning to understand why that 26 appealed to you. I'm just now after all these years, own one and shooting it was sort is sort of an epiphany. It shoots easier than my 17, as in faster AND more accurate. I'm still trying to figure out why.
    Best of both worlds.
    Name:  IMG_3476.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  96.6 KB
    This is the way.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    It was a missed opportunity to do our G47 green, the OAM guys could have had tan ones to match their uniforms and OFO keeps the black ones…
    AMO guys are crazy for the tan.

I like the versatility. I have a g45 and a g49. That gives me 4 confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Best of both worlds.
    Name:  IMG_3476.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  96.6 KB
    This is the way.
    Interesting. Pretend like I’m an idiot and help me understand what you did there.

I see a G26 frame, but the slide does not look like a 19, 17, or 47. I’m 3 pours into Angle’s Envy on a Friday night and the dust cover is fucking with my frontal cortex.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Interesting. Pretend like I’m an idiot and help me understand what you did there.

I see a G26 frame, but the slide does not look like a 19, 17, or 47. I’m 3 pours into Angle’s Envy on a Friday night and the dust cover is fucking with my frontal cortex.
    Looks like a lone wolf slide adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Looks like a lone wolf slide adapter.
    @Cool Breeze got it. It’s a 19 slide (Brownells) with a LE Gen 3 to Gen 4 adapter to fill the gap left under the slide. I’ve also got a Gen 4 to Gen 4 adapter for a Gen 4 slide which is not tapered.

I’ve got a Gen 3 to Gen 3 adapter on my home brew G49 seen here:
    Name:  IMG_5161.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  80.1 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    @Cool Breeze got it. It’s a 19 slide (Brownells) with a LE Gen 3 to Gen 4 adapter to fill the gap left under the slide. I’ve also got a Gen 4 to Gen 4 adapter for a Gen 4 slide which is not tapered.

I’ve got a Gen 3 to Gen 3 adapter on my home brew G49 seen here:
    Name:  IMG_5161.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  80.1 KB
    We need a Lon's Glock Lego Projects for dummies thread. It will save you getting PMs from guys like me asking, WTF did I just buy and why doesn't it fit togther?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List