Page 185 of 187 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187 LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 1862

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

My wife and I have had all of COVID vaccinations. 74 and 75. We got the last one in Nov. She had COVID in May of last year after a 3 hour flight. Put her down but she wasn't hospitalized. She recovered in a few weeks.

On to the next pandemic. Candida Auris. This one's a fungus among us.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/mor...EP2LIXHXIB5AA/
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    My wife and I have had all of COVID vaccinations. 74 and 75. We got the last one in Nov. She had COVID in May of last year after a 3 hour flight. Put her down but she wasn't hospitalized. She recovered in a few weeks.

On to the next pandemic. Candida Auris. This one's a fungus among us.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/mor...EP2LIXHXIB5AA/
    We mostly see these cases coming in from "chronic respiratory care facilities"

Unless you're chronically severely ill and require a ventilator to breathe for you, I wouldn't worry a whole lot about C. Auris if you wash your hands.

I think we're more or less back to worrying about a bad strain of flu or a drug resistant Tuberculosis.

Fun fact I learned in nursing school is that one can be incarcerated as a public health risk if they refuse to comply with the directly observed therapy for Tuberculosis. Never actually seen it happen. Haven't seen a lot of severe TB patients, but the ones that are bad can get very bad and the TB vaccine isn't commonly administered in the US.

There has been something repertory going around here too. I think Im immune (or incredibly lucky) cause it went around the gym I go to and I didnt get anything, and its a small private gym.

Only my dad got vaxxed back in 2020. We all got Delta and all had mild flu symptoms. Last year (on New Years) we all got whatever was the popular variant and the symptoms were a more mild flu. This year no one got anything.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Fun fact I learned in nursing school is that one can be incarcerated as a public health risk if they refuse to comply with the directly observed therapy for Tuberculosis. Never actually seen it happen. Haven't seen a lot of severe TB patients, but the ones that are bad can get very bad and the TB vaccine isn't commonly administered in the US.
    Because we have so many migrants coming from areas with TB, it happens once a year or so here. Starts out with a court order to isolate, then if they ignore it the county gets them a motel room with light supervision, and then if they continue to ignore it they get ankle monitoring. Because it is so expensive to keep other inmates safe very rarely do they put someone in jail, although it does happen in extreme cases ( https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tubercu...rnia-arrested/ ).

Then there was the alcoholic meth addict who refused to take TB meds because he was afraid they would hurt his liver: https://apnews.com/article/health-10...cd1410a01d088a

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post

Pretty sure this is the reason most bigger cities in the NE have laws against spitting in public on the books. Not enforced these days, but still there.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Anyone else following many countries around the world (Germany, Philippines, UK) medical officials and journalists are now relating vaccine and vaccine injuries to the large uptick we are seeing in all cause mortality? It is deeply concerning to me that there is obviously something to this and the amount of people who pushed the vaccine or called people idiots for not getting it are silent.. people have died from covid yes, but now they are dying from the vaccine. Where is the outrage?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Anyone else following many countries around the world (Germany, Philippines, UK) medical officials and journalists are now relating vaccine and vaccine injuries to the large uptick we are seeing in all cause mortality? It is deeply concerning to me that there is obviously something to this and the amount of people who pushed the vaccine or called people idiots for not getting it are silent.. people have died from covid yes, but now they are dying from the vaccine. Where is the outrage?
    You have any links readily available in English by any chance?

Site Supporter
    If I was willing to venture a swag, increase in all cause mortality is a result of delays in diagnosis and treatment of illnesses during Covid coming to roost and vaccines are a convenient, fashionable scapegoat, today.

No facts.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    If I was willing to venture a swag, increase in all cause mortality is a result of delays in diagnosis and treatment of illnesses during Covid coming to roost and vaccines are a convenient, fashionable scapegoat, today.

No facts.

Now we don't follow the science?

Journal article talking about vaccine injuries and basically the attitude stated above:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/03/h...e-effects.html

I'll list medical studies later. Idk if there is a point because obviously science only matters when it fits your previously drawn conclusions. People are so biased when it comes to this question they can't even admit they have been bamboozled. I get if your old and you got it, who cares your almost dead. Young people are affected by this also. Do they not matter to you?

Good read: https://bmjpublichealth.bmj.com/content/2/1/e000282

More news articles different countries:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...b3aa335b%3famp

The main "group" who is pushing the no fact narrative and questioning the science is .gov around the world. What else do you expect them to do... say they mandated vaccines that were not safety tested correctly and there are potentionally deadly and life changing side effects with very little benefit.
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 06-06-2024 at 12:04 PM.

Site Supporter
    Anyone else following many countries around the world (Germany, Philippines, UK) medical officials and journalists are now relating vaccine and vaccine injuries to the large uptick we are seeing in all cause mortality? It is deeply concerning to me that there is obviously something to this, and the amount of people who pushed the vaccine or called people idiots for not getting it are silent.. people have died from covid yes, but now they are dying from the vaccine. Where is the outrage?
    I've seen a study that indicates an excess mortality in 2021 and 2022 that's higher than 2019....but that's about it.

I read that study (I think from the Netherlands right? Mostert et al?) But maybe its my nature to be skeptical of anti vaccine advocates because my church was full of them back when and I had authority issues with them. I thought the conclusions they arrived at were a bit broad and had basically zero causal evidence, let alone factual support aside from speculation.

I'm not surprised though. About excess deaths being higher.

Not because I think it's primarily caused by or related to the COVID vaccine, but of you would allow me to speculate based on my experience, I saw a number of patients whose kidneys failed due to COVID-19 infection, or who had irreversible lung damage, had to have tracheostomies, survived COVID but were left debilitated and unhealthy after receiving CPR.

Sort of like hearing about a shooting that killed one and injured two, but the "injured two" are a dude with a scratch and a dude who is a quadriplegic. One of those dudes is fine, the others gonna die sooner...the gunshot didn't kill him, but it's gonna be why he died.

No such suggestion was made by Mostert et al or applied to the model they used for prediction of excess deaths.

Thus far, the worst health effects that were definitively(so far) proven to be the result of the vaccine are myocarditis for the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines and blood clots which caused the Johnson and Johnson vaccine to get pulled and IIRC the AstraZeneca vaccine was pulled because a higher than baseline risk of guillian barre

Most of those were things that were more likely if you got your covid immunity the old fashioned way. And all were transient.

I really am curious because I dont know, but what pathophysiological mechanism would even exist for permanent disability brought about by vaccines whose very effects and existence within your body are transient? There's got to be some way to categorize the risk beyond saying "well it increases inflammation" because heaps of things increase inflammation. Bacon increases inflammation for goodness sake.

Pointing out all cause mortality stats that are above the background levels of 2019 is a bit tunnel visioned. All cause mortality stats are driven by more than just the one thing that people fixate on to prove a point. Changes to the economy, mismanagement of healthcare, the border, crime, substance abuse, and changes in demographics...to name the stuff off the top of my head. The world is kinda going to shit lately.

But no, there's not a lot known about the long term effects of severe COVID, and also not a lot known about the long term effects of the vaccine either. I would advise caution with your health if you did get COVID and intense caution if you got it badly enough to be in a hospital.

Thus far, my understanding of the current landscape and what I see working in critical care is that if you got the vaccine, it is overwhelmingly likely that you will be fine. And by that, I mean you will grow old and die of something so someone with an agenda can say you died of white privilege or some shit.

But I haven't seen a bunch of people my age rolling up into my job with the AIDS cancer from the vaccine.

All that said, a pulmonologist I work with runs a clinic for people who were hospitalized for COVID, and some of the stuff she tells me about is beyond what a typical pulmonary rehab patient looks like. Some of me wonders if it's just a bunch of millenials trying to get a diagnosis for their fatigue or memory problems...but the other physical issues like new onset hypertension, kidney disease, asthma etc in otherwise healthy adults is bizarre. So who knows what the future holds. Try to do what you feel is best for you. Diet, exercise, advocate for your own health because both sides have a heap of quacks and doctors are also people with their opinions, prejudices, and bad takes.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

User Tag List