Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 21 Gen 5 Reports (Also weird jam with mine)

Wow that makes one wonder.

After lots of thought, I remembered mine was more of a 3 point jam.

I shot some Lost River’s hard cast flat point 250’s at 925 fps today and they fed great and shot to the dot. It’ll be my nighttime backup pig gun as soon as I can find a holster to fit the TLR-1 light (safarilands holster finder sucks). I’ve got enough rounds through it that I trust it and it handles as good or better than any other pistol I’ve shot.

Have you reached out to Glock? Maybe they’ve heard of this before.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TWR View Post

I shot some Lost River’s hard cast flat point 250’s at 925 fps today and they fed great and shot to the dot. It’ll be my nighttime backup pig gun as soon as I can find a holster to fit the TLR-1 light (safarilands holster finder sucks). I’ve got enough rounds through it that I trust it and it handles as good or better than any other pistol I’ve shot.

Most Safariland WML holsters are not light specific and will fit almost any full size light, unless they are specially a newer 7ts model for a TLR7 size light, if that helps. Do you have an optic?

Makes one wonder indeed.

I have not reached out to Glock, but I am about to email them with pics. It does seem too specific to be coincidence. Did you remember anything more exact that they told you they discovered with the Gen 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Most Safariland WML holsters are not light specific and will fit almost any full size light, unless they are specially a newer 7ts model for a TLR7 size light, if that helps. Do you have an optic?
    Yes a Holosun 507c. I was seen by nothing for Gen 5’s and some say they fit, some say no. Any help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    Makes one wonder indeed.

I have not reached out to Glock, but I am about to email them with pics. It does seem too specific to be coincidence. Did you remember anything more exact that they told you they discovered with the Gen 5?
    Not really, just they are sprung heavy and the changed the striker cover because it was not letting the extractor work properly. Neither made me confident that it was fixed. Keeping my finger clear of the right side slide release and many flawless rounds did.

Yours happening on two different guns and magazines at the 12th round is just bizarre but bizarre enough that I wouldn’t dismiss your grip shifting and possibly doing something odd. I don’t know just don’t overlook anything.

Site Supporter
    Yes a Holosun 507c. I was seen by nothing for Gen 5’s and some say they fit, some say no. Any help appreciated.
    Do you need retention or could you use like a Floodlight?

I don’t have to have retention but even the floodlight doesn’t list the 21.5 or even the 21.

Glock did offer for me to send the gun(s) in for inspection. The guy I was talking to was very nice and it didn’t seem like there was some known issue with the G21 Gen 5. Considering how many rounds it took for the stoppages to happen with each gun, I doubt they would find anything if I sent the pistols to them.

I’m still kind of iffy whether I want to blow another thousand rounds to see if it will do it again. My minimum round count requirement without a stoppage for carry/defense is 1000 rounds. My HK45C passed it in less than a week, with one range session sending over 500 rounds through the HK at one time.

I really like the Gen 5 G21 and the way it shoots. I want to have one I can trust. Those were some weird stoppages, though. I still have a spare Gen 4 G21 I haven’t completely vetted yet, and I’m wondering if I should just stick with Gen 4 (though I do wonder if Glock will discontinue it now that the Gen 5 is online).

In fact, thinking for the long term, I wonder if I should replace my two Gen 5 G21s with Gen 3 21SF’s. My reasoning is:
    1. Glock has a track record of discontinuing Gen 4 models in calibers where the Gen 5 has come online, but continue Gen 3 production.

2. I can easily find OEM slide and frame parts kits for the Gen 3 G21SF and keep several to keep the guns going the rest of my days, whereas I can’t find any OEM slide and frame parts kits for the Gen 4 G21s.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    In fact, thinking for the long term, I wonder if I should replace my two Gen 5 G21s with Gen 3 21SF’s. My reasoning is:
    1. Glock has a track record of discontinuing Gen 4 models in calibers where the Gen 5 has come online, but continue Gen 3 production.

2. I can easily find OEM slide and frame parts kits for the Gen 3 G21SF and keep several to keep the guns going the rest of my days, whereas I can’t find any OEM slide and frame parts kits for the Gen 4 G21s.
    Is Gen5 in the first part of the post supposed to be Gen4?

Are you shooting 5,000+++ rounds per year in each gun where you expect to be needing replacement parts that badly?

ETA: I agree Glock will likely discontinue the Gen 4.

User Tag List