Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Gaston Glock has died

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    IIRC, when the NYPD outlawed Kel-Tecs as a backup gun, Glock sold the officers G26s for $50 + the trade in through local gun shops.
    AFAIK KelTecs have never been an authorized firearm for NYPD. Are you thinking of when NYPD de-authorized the Kahr Arms K-9s ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Well, good for her!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I am betting 90 to 1 she cashes out....PE group or public offering, but she does look good in black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Oh my! She still has a few good years left.
    I guess that model would be Glock, GenX - marketed correctly as Glock Perfection as indicated by the sign behind her. Finally a Glock Id put my 1911s down to be able to wrap my hands around.

ETA: Should have included @uechibear in the tags.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    IIRC, when the NYPD outlawed Kel-Tecs as a backup gun, Glock sold the officers G26s for $50 + the trade in through local gun shops.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    AFAIK KelTecs have never been an authorized firearm for NYPD. Are you thinking of when NYPD de-authorized the Kahr Arms K-9s ?
    Yeah. That. Thanks.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    I guess that model would be Glock, GenX - marketed correctly as Glock Perfection as indicated by the sign behind her. Finally a Glock Id put my 1911s down to be able to wrap my hands around.

ETA: Should have included @uechibear in the tags.
    Good one! Or two!
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

You never know. She might be a talented business woman also. But you're probably right.
    According to the Internet, she's an "Animal rights activist and entrepreneur."
    Semper Fi, Marines!

Quote Originally Posted by uechibear View Post
    According to the Internet, she's an "Animal rights activist and entrepreneur."
    A pretty serious horsewoman and breeder from what I’ve gathered. I think I recall seeing a picture or two of her with slain game and a rifle, so probably not a PETA type.
    She wouldn’t be the first surviving spouse to take over a successful enterprise and keep it going, certainly.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Saw this and think it's worth sharing:

“The Glock ... inherited all aspects of the American firearm heritage,” Mr. Barrett wrote in his book. “It was seen as an instrument of law and security, but also menace, danger and fear.”

It’s unclear how much attention the reclusive Mr. Glock paid to it all. His few brushes with media came during court battles with his first wife and questions over his ties to Austrian far-right political figure Jörg Haider — and after Mr. Glock remarkably fended off an apparent murder attempt in 1999.

The plot was hatched by his financial adviser, Charles Ewert, to conceal his embezzlement from Mr. Glock’s company, authorities said. Mr. Glock was ambushed in a garage in Luxembourg by a hired assailant, a former professional wrestler named Jacques Pêcheur, who wielded a hard rubber mallet. Mr. Glock, who was 70 at the time, fought back and managed to knock out some of Pêcheur’s teeth. Ewert and Pêcheur were convicted in 2003 of attempted murder.
    Semper Fi, Marines!

That's probably what killed him. Just a guess.

Not a Glock owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Worse ways to go... just saying...
    Having a child bride, I can confirm.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    She wouldn’t be the first surviving spouse to take over a successful enterprise and keep it going, certainly.
    Thought about that for a while, I would buy the concept for sure with the original Mrs. Glock, who cofounded the thing and helped him build it, but not this one.

I found the story of how she was kicked off the board of some sort of air traffic control organization in Austria interesting, she clearly got the job as some sort of favor and her qualifications were basically nothing.

pardon the poor browser translation

https://orf.at/stories/3197139/

Glock dismissed from the Supervisory Board of Austro Control
    January 13, 2021, 10:38 am

Kathrin Glock will no longer be a member of the Supervisory Board of Austro Control (ACG), which is responsible for air traffic control. Climate Protection Minister Leonore Gewessler (Greens) recalled her from this function with immediate effect, as the ministry announced today in a press release.

The minister cited the "expressed contempt for a parliamentary committee of inquiry" as the reason, which was "in no way compatible" with the conduct of a supervisory board of a public company.

According to the Ministry of Climate Protection, the seat on the Supervisory Board will go to Judith Engel, who has headed the Transport Section of the Ministry of Climate Protection, which is also responsible for aviation, since 1 January. In 2016 and 2017, the civil engineer had already sat on the Supervisory Board of ASFINAG.

Questioning in the U-Committee only after coercive punishment
    After a long back and forth, Glock finally appeared before the "Ibiza" U committee yesterday. The questioning was preceded by two rejections by Glock and a bending penalty. The entrepreneur and wife of arms industrialist Gaston Glock had previously justified her absence with concerns for her husband's health.

In the end, their interrogation took place under special security precautions. Glock was given a separate room in the Hofburg – and her answers were transmitted to the committee room via screen.

Glock was appointed to the Supervisory Board of ACG in April 2018 by the then Minister of Transport Norbert Hofer (FPÖ). When questioned by the committee, she said that "engineer Norbert Hofer" had called her two months before the appointment and asked if she was interested in the post. She first took some time to think about it and then agreed.

Glock and the somewhat different questioning
    Didn't show up, punished and separated: The relationship between the "Ibiza" U committee and Kathrin Glock, entrepreneur and wife of arms industrialist Gaston Glock, has been complicated. On 12 January, Glock was questioned in spite of all the circumstances – but in a different way from all the other respondents before her.

January 12, 2021, 7:54 p.m. (Update: October 19, 2021, 11:36 a.m.)
    This article is more than a year old.
    Divide

"Do you hear me? Do you understand me well?" These were questions that did not dominate the actual questioning, but were thrown into the room more often than usual. Although Glock could be seen and heard, he was not physically present in the committee room. She was provided with a separate room in the Hofburg in order to keep infection with the coronavirus as low as possible, as her husband Gaston Glock belongs to the "highest risk group" due to his age, as she said in her introductory statement.

Since the "Ibiza"-U committee is already sitting in the larger Camineum in the Hofburg anyway due to the CoV pandemic, the questioning was sometimes difficult and ended in repetitions. "The Glock company has not made any donations to parties and party-affiliated associations," Glock said in the direction of FPÖ representative Susanne Fürst. "Do you understand?" the respondent asked. "Yes, I did," replied Fürst. When Green Party politician Nina Tomaselli started her Q&A session, Glock interrupted: "Ms. Tomaselli, I don't see you. I don't have a face for my voice." The issue was quickly resolved. "Can you hear me?"

No party donations from Glock
    The Glock family of entrepreneurs had been named by former Vice-Chancellor and FPÖ leader Heinz-Christian Strache in the "Ibiza video" as an alleged party donor. Later, however, the former top politician had retracted this with reference to "simple boasting". All the people and companies mentioned in the video have always emphasized that they have never made donations to the FPÖ or associations affiliated with it.

Head of the cabinet of Finance Minister Gernot Blümel (ÖVP), Clemens-Wolfgang Niedrist, in the "Ibiza" committee of inquiry
    MORE ON THIS TOPICÖVP head of cabinet asked about "wishes"
    Glock confirmed that Strache had asked her for a party donation, but: "I didn't answer that." Instead, the message was forwarded to the company's lawyer. Glock did not make any donations to parties or party-affiliated associations, Kathrin Glock told the committee. She also ruled out non-disclosure agreements with people, according to which they are not allowed to say anything if there are payments to politicians. "Since there are no payments to politicians, there are no standstill agreements," Glock replied.

Acquaintance with Hofer
    In April 2018, Kathrin Glock was appointed to the Supervisory Board of Austro Control by the then Minister of Transport, Norbert Hofer (FPÖ). According to Hofer, who had already been questioned by the U Committee, Glock was sufficiently qualified for the post because she ran an aviation company, Glock Aviation GmbH. According to Glock, she called "engineer Norbert Hofer" two months before the appointment and asked if she was interested in the post. She first took some time to think about it and then agreed.

Hofer has known her since 2016. They got to know each other in the course of a visit to an animal shelter in Villach (Carinthia), said Glock, who is also known as an animal rights activist. When asked, she clarified that the then animal welfare officer of the province of Carinthia, Gernot Darmann (FPÖ), had invited her to the shelter. However, she did not remember whether Hofer had been announced. NEOS representative Stephanie Krisper dug up a Facebook post by Hofer, according to which he had already been present at a Glock event before the shelter visit. "Did you meet him back then?" asked Krisper. "I don't remember," says Glock.

At the beginning of June 2018, Vice-Chancellor Strache and Minister of Social Affairs Beate Hartinger-Klein (FPÖ) also travelled from Vienna for the Glock equestrian tournaments in Carinthia. Politicians from other parties ("red party") were also present, according to Glock. She pointed out, however, that entrance fees were always paid, and this was always donated to charity. From the media, one only knows "half the truths", but she is now here "to enlighten", she stressed. Strache had also called the Glock Group several times, the respondent said. She could not say whether her husband had ever spoken to the ex-FPÖ leader on the phone.

Questions "insinuating" but answerable
    Glock did not want to answer questions about her qualifications as a member of the supervisory board of Austro Control. "I'm not here to answer exam questions," she told NEOS representative Helmut Brandstätter. She is also not released from her duty of confidentiality and therefore does not give any sales figures for Austro Control, "please do not treat me as an object, but as an information person," Glock emphasized. "If you don't understand me, please get in touch," she repeated. "So neither of us get anything out of it." She thinks it's like "our Chancellor" (Sebastian Kurz, note). "He showed that you can do anything. Please allow me to do the same."

Brandstätter probed further and wanted to know what qualified her to sit on the supervisory board of air traffic control. The NEOS representative came back to Hofer's statements in the U Committee that the positions on supervisory boards were filled according to a "two-to-one key". Glock suggested that the politician should ask Hofer or the current minister Leonore Gewessler (Greens). "I'm telling you, I'm qualified," said the respondent, pointing out that she also sits on the supervisory board under Gewessler.

When asked what her duties were as a member of the Supervisory Board, she did not initially answer, as she considered the question to be presumptuous. "I don't like your questioning, I'm not going to be treated like a schoolgirl," she said. Chairman Wolfgang Sobotka (ÖVP) emphasized that the question was not insinuating and asked for an answer. "Even though it may sound insinuating to your ears, the question was not insinuating," Sobotka said. After a short deliberation, she answered the question that the Supervisory Board acts as a supervisory body.

Questioning after bending penalty
    ÖVP parliamentary group leader Wolfgang Gerstl asked Glock about her position as managing director at Glock Aviation. He asked if she had ever provided a politician with a plane or helicopter? "Yes, once, and that was Hofer, and he paid for it. We are a for-profit company," the respondent said. SPÖ representative Christoph Matznetter wanted to know whether Glock Aviation was under the control of Austro Control? "Yes, that's right," replied the respondent. There is an expert opinion according to which this does not create any conflicts of interest, according to Glock, who also read out a quote from Gewessler.

Glock should have been questioned in the autumn. She did not show up because of the coronavirus pandemic and offered a video link. The entrepreneur rejected questioning in the U Committee. However, her reasoning that she wanted to protect her husband was not sufficient for the Federal Administrative Court. Glock was fined 2,000 euros. She then announced that she would answer the questions of the members of the U Committee – but via video link from another room in the Hofburg.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    A pretty serious horsewoman and breeder from what I’ve gathered. I think I recall seeing a picture or two of her with slain game and a rifle, so probably not a PETA type.
    Who owns the company now? Who is going to run it? How much power will she have in the company?

User Tag List