Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Help with aiwb

I run my AIWB rigs as low as possible, its adds comfort and concealment for my slightly pudgy build (5' 10", 215lb)

The grip using the problem, it’s the 5” barrel we’ve come to the conclusion. The muzzle is driving into me hard sitting. I’m going back to iwb or owb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it’s not for you it’s not for you, even if cool guys on the internet say otherwise.

But, in case you ever feel like messing with it again, I think something that went unmentioned in this thread (or I missed it), but is directly relevant to your muzzle problem is pants ride height. AIWB does not work optimally with pants worn down around your hips - with a long barrel especially, it’s better to have pants that sit up at your natural waist or thereabouts.

Again, that may or may not help. I know there’s at least one member here who’s a fan of 1911s and AIWB who can only make commander length guns work with that combination, so the full 5” length gun and AIWB certainly isn’t for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    The grip using the problem, it’s the 5” barrel we’ve come to the conclusion. The muzzle is driving into me hard sitting. I’m going back to iwb or owb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same for me. A 5” 1911 is only going to work, for me, AIWB, if I am standing. (Actually, with my gimp shoulder, IWB does not work so well, anymore, either, with full-sized pistolas.)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post

I'd suggest you take a break from AIWB for a couple of weeks, but then give it another try. It's amazing what humans can get used to over time if they keep trying.

When I first started out with AIWB I found it very uncomfortable, but over time I became acclimated to it and now carry that way just about everyday for 12 to 16 hours a day.
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

User Tag List