Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: If you could have only one pistol/handgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Bernomad View Post
    PRS Custom 22 and Mesa Electra Dyne works well for me.
    Ha! That’s a good rig. My first really nice guitar was a Custom 22. I vividly remember the Friday I got it.
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Bernomad View Post
    PRS Custom 22 and Mesa Electra Dyne works well for me.
    Name:  IMG_9318.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  47.3 KB

Here's my PRS Custom 22. I don't know what that Mesa thing is.

What thread is this???

Spare parts

Quote Originally Posted by RealSelf View Post
    I'm not trying to make it a thing but it just comes across as a non-answer to me but whatever, I'm not trying to argue. I'm more interested in hearing which of those configurations you would pick if limited to one-build on that FCU that would be used for everything you outlined using a pistol for.
    Just think of it as one pistol with lots of spare parts. If you only have one, you want lots of spare parts. I don’t see why all the spares have to be identical.

ETA: I replied before I read the rest of the thread…didn’t mean to bring it up again after the thread moved on.
    Last edited by Norther; 12-19-2023 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I’ve owned 5 or 6 GPs—including 2 GPNYs. They’ve all moved on, but I still have my 2.75” Speed Six. I mean, FWIW. A perfect frame size.
    TP - Hey one follow up, if folks don’t mind: wrt an irrational want for a 4” or so revolver, would you consider a RIA M200? I see these are stupid cheap, from what I understand similar to a Colt ‘Detective Special’ if I have it right. I just want something I can shoot .38 without wincing. Bad idea?

P365 fcu with a few options on frames and mags with an xl slide

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    TP - Hey one follow up, if folks don’t mind: wrt an irrational want for a 4” or so revolver, would you consider a RIA M200? I see these are stupid cheap, from what I understand similar to a Colt ‘Detective Special’ if I have it right. I just want something I can shoot .38 without wincing. Bad idea?
    I’m not familiar with RIA revolvers, but I have gotten some excellent service from 4” Kframes. I do not consider a want for a good 4” .38 irrational. On the contrary, I would be unhappy to be without at least one: a snub .38, a 4” .38, and some kind of .22LR covers most actual pistol needs I’d ever have. A .44 Special or .45 Colt SA rounds out the needs for me for a revolver battery.

My vote would be to stay with long-reputable brands, myself. As duelist notes, there’s plenty of 4” k-frame fish in the sea. I just saw a nice 4” M64 go for $450 at my LGS a few weeks ago. Had the kid who saw it first passed on the gun, I would have bought it.
    The most powerful and harmful influence Trump has had on our politics…has been the effect on his opponents. They have been triggered into an orgy of self-mutilation—eager to amputate their own history and disfigure their own political traditions.

I'd say don't. The general rule is that cheap tier guns inevitably cost you more in the long run than the more expensive ones. Not that you have to go looking for a Korth, but a decent K frame can be found with a tiny bit of effort.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I’m not familiar with RIA revolvers, but I have gotten some excellent service from 4” Kframes. I do not consider a want for a good 4” .38 irrational. On the contrary, I would be unhappy to be without at least one: a snub .38, a 4” .38, and some kind of .22LR covers most actual pistol needs I’d ever have. A .44 Special or .45 Colt SA rounds out the needs for me for a revolver battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    My vote would be to stay with long-reputable brands, myself. As duelist notes, there’s plenty of 4” k-frame fish in the sea. I just saw a nice 4” M64 go for $450 at my LGS a few weeks ago. Had the kid who saw it first passed on the gun, I would have bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I'd say don't. The general rule is that cheap tier guns inevitably cost you more in the long run than the more expensive ones. Not that you have to go looking for a Korth, but a decent K frame can be found with a tiny bit of effort.
    Thanks all. That's why I come to p-f; to save me from making (more than my normally stupid) stupid decisions. Every time I think of $250 for a cheap revolver, I think how much .38 ammo I could buy for my LCR, and I stop. Back to putting my lizard brain to work thinking about something else.

Thanks all. That's why I come to p-f; to save me from making (more than my normally stupid) stupid decisions. Every time I think of $250 for a cheap revolver, I think how much .38 ammo I could buy for my LCR, and I stop. Back to putting my lizard brain to work thinking about something else.
    Cheap things are usually cheap for a reason.

I suggest keeping an eye out for things like this instead. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-Trade-Ins-399

Several people on here have had some success with the Taurus 856. That's a little over $300 and up.

User Tag List