Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Nobody wants a 40 anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
    If anyone shoots M&Ps (and possibly, like myself, has spare M&P parts on hand) CDNN Sports is selling 5” M&P 40 2.0 stripped slides for $50.

I bought one to build up as a project t. I needed a few parts, but I already had an extra barrel and mist parts lying around.
    Just to thread drift a little more, do "regular" M&P slides work on the metal frame M&P?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Just to thread drift a little more, do "regular" M&P slides work on the metal frame M&P?
    That I don’t know. I only have polymer frame M&Ps.

Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    There are reports that the metal framed M&Ps have improved accuracy over the standard 2.0 models. One user here asserted that the barrel geometry is indeed different possibly contributing to the accuracy improvement.

Do you know if such changes have been incorporated into the current "OR" series?
    I had a chance to play with a co-worker's M&P Metal a few months back. Side by side with the OR models I don't really see any differences besides the frame. I would guess (but am not positive) that it has the exact same barrel (and small parts in general) as the polymer OR models. I can try to check this week if he's around and get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    There are reports that the metal framed M&Ps have improved accuracy over the standard 2.0 models. One user here asserted that the barrel geometry is indeed different possibly contributing to the accuracy improvement.

Do you know if such changes have been incorporated into the current "OR" series?
    I'd be keenly interested in a compact, manual-safety version.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    The Miwall guys still have some decent prices on defensive ammo in 50 round LE packaging....

https://miwallcorp.com/speer-duty-am...ds-brass-case/

https://miwallcorp.com/federal-premi...ed-brass-case/

and their price on Lawman 180gr practice ammo is pretty good as well https://miwallcorp.com/speer-lawman-...---brass-case/
    I've had excellent experiences with Miwall, both with institutional and personal orders. Decent prices, extremely knowledgeable about their inventory, and very hands on and helpful.

I just placed a small order with them for the Lawman 180 gr ball for an upcoming IDPA match for my Gen5 G23-they were just as accommodating and helpful with it as they have been for my larger orders.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I've had excellent experiences with Miwall, both with institutional and personal orders. Decent prices, extremely knowledgeable about their inventory, and very hands on and helpful.

I just placed a small order with them for the Lawman 180 gr ball for an upcoming IDPA match for my Gen5 G23-they were just as accommodating and helpful with it as they have been for my larger orders.

Best, Jon
    They actually load useable .41 Mag and .44 Special LSWC loads, the .41 load replicates the old police load. They’re not always in stock.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Site Supporter
    My lgs has two Glock 23 40 cal pistols traded in by a married couple. Price is $349, and they can probably be bought cheaper. 3rd gen. One mag each. Slides show very slight holster wear, a fact that indicates they may have been l.e. pistols. My eye says they ave not been shot much. I alert friends to good deals and have helped the shop sell guns far and wide. My fee is one Coke per gun.

Would probably spend 2 hundy more and get a gen 5 (unless it’s Cali). My gen 3 was miserable to shoot. YMMV

In light of the P2000 clearance sale mentioned in the first post in this thread, I took advantage of the HK .40 pistol sale, got it shipped, legally processed, transferred and did some shooting with it.

The .40 P2000 with a 2023 date-code weighs about 1 1/2 ounces more than my 9mm HK P30, so it appears HK beefed up the slide a bit for the greater recoil forces of the .40 S&W. The heavy LEM was 7 lbs. 12 oz. when I first measured it but is now about 7 lbs. 2 oz. after a couple of drops of oil and some live shooting & dry fire. I'm gradually getting attuned to it.

The factory 3-white dot sights just would not work with my eyes, so I put the factory sights (luminescent front sight dot, plain black rear) that came with my HK VP9-OR. The sights have the same dovetail dimensions as the P2000 and work better for me.

I'm going to wait and see about the end of year $200 marketing extravaganza rebate from HK. It looks like the useful stuff for me is mostly sold-out and I may just end up with a bunch of HK tee shirts or some coffee mugs.
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post

I’m not having much luck with them. I joined as a member, uploaded my CT docs (pistol permit & DL), but the site won’t let me order. Ah, well. Got enough other crap to worry about to rather than fight with a vendor that won’t take my money.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List