Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Naomi Biden's SS detail opens fire on would-be car thieves

Geez, are they using rehired annuitants for that shooting team too?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    How can you tell they're "Secret" Service when they're disguised like that?

More seriously, did they that day, or do they with any regularity, participate in USPSA or IDPA matches either as agents or on their own?
    I've seen them at Level 2 USPSA matches here in Virginia. The dudes I saw shoot were all extremely squared away. A friend of mine is an FI with them and last I knew he was on the shooting team.

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    I think he is...
    Thank you. Some of us can read the song name AND the band name. As someone who saw Queen live 3 weeks ago (yes, I know, Adam Lambart and Queen, but I'm more an Adam Lambert fan than a Queen fan, so condemn me, whatever), I've likely seen this song live more recent than most you folks.........

More seriously, did they that day, or do they with any regularity, participate in USPSA or IDPA matches either as agents or on their own?
    They shot well, obviously were enthusiasts, but were there as the US Secret Service's shooting team. I saw an Acro P2 on one member's Glock and on another's PCC. Joke was he was probably hoping for a Holosun 510C on the PCC prize table.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

One of their Instructors was in "our" squad at the 2023 IDPA World Championship. He was recently retired from the US Army and IIRC had only been at USSS for about a year. He seemed like a good guy and shot well.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    …rehired annuitants
    Made me look up a word.
    The most powerful and harmful influence Trump has had on our politics…has been the effect on his opponents. They have been triggered into an orgy of self-mutilation—eager to amputate their own history and disfigure their own political traditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Made me look up a word.
    Yeah it's a pretty good deal, and lots of agencies are doing it right now due to short staffing ...the USSS in particular is real heavy on the use of such programs to plus up their numbers.

My office director just went to Army CID as a GS15 on a dual compensation waiver. Army CID is basically rebuilding themselves from the ground up and poaching agents from other places to do so, replacing the active duty personnel. So he's collecting his pension while taking full GS15 salary at the same time.

Baller.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Made me look up a word.
    Name:  IMG_1811.jpeg
Views: 466
Size:  16.0 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

When I went back on a project after I retired, I was just "staff augmentation."
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Secret Service shooting team was just in attendance at a match I recently shot.

Attachment 111444
    Was Eva Longoria there to explain how Secret Service agents handle the manual safety on their SIG P228 pistols?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443632/

User Tag List