Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inforce WML Gen 2 - Users?

Quote Originally Posted by rawkguitarist View Post
    Ah... that would be a deal breaker. Only way I'd run a light a carbine would be momentary - or of course, just as long as I want it on. My Inforces are Haley Strategic versions that can only do momentary.

For the robustness, I have 2 of these and have had no issues. And this SBR is really only for home use so I doesn't need to stand kicking in doors.

Maybe the Gen 3 will be able to fully lock the momentary function?

Thanks for responding guys!
    The Streamlight TLR RM2 looks like a possible alternative. Not sure about the controls for momentary.
    https://www.streamlight.com/products/detail/tlr-rm2

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

The feature start at 3:15 minutes;

Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The Streamlight TLR RM2 looks like a possible alternative. Not sure about the controls for momentary.

Man, that looks like Streamlight's answer to the Inforce WML. I would buy one in a second if you could lock it into momentary only. I want to fully control the light and it's only on when I'm on the pressure switch. The TLR RM1/2's apparently only have control over momentary or constant within how you press the switch. Tap quickly for constant or hold it for momentary. That kinda makes sense... but the low light/darkness training I've been through, under pressure you use varying lengths of time on the switch. Including a quick "snapshot" with the light. I can see the switch modes not being locked in being a bad problem.

Now, if someone can tell me you can lock it on momentary only I'll order one right away. From the manual and the videos I don't see how you can lock it.
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

Looking at how the pressure switch seems to work on youtube, I think I'm still going to try one out. I definitely trust Streamlight. I have multiple handheld lights and love them.
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

I've had a WML gen 2 on a budget HD build since late 2019. Its only had a handful of range trips, but for me and my purpose for this rifle, it works well and has held up. I wanted a simple switch setup, momentary only control (you can lock it into momentary only mode by flipping a lever on the left side of the light), decent light for close up (<25m), and ability to change batteries without removing the light (main drawback I had using X300s in the past).

I don't think the light is a great choice for patrol or field use due to what people have already said about its construction materials, but for the use case I have it on, I think its fine.

Name:  WML.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  36.2 KB

So I got the Streamlight TLR RM2. It’s a great light and super bright. And the way the switch works with a tap for full on or press slightly longer for momentary works fine. But I quickly realized I preferred the Inforce form factor and function. So in the end, I got the Inforce WML Gen 2 single CR123 version with 400 lumens. It’s plenty bright for my primary purpose for this AR - home defense. The 1000 lumen RM2 MIGHT have been too bright. Stressing MIGHT.

The key to my decision is the size and shape of the light where the pressure switch is. There is a large enough difference when mounted it’s uncomfortable to press the RM2’s switch. The Inforce feels just right for this configuration. Note, my backup sight limits how far forward I can mount each light.

I do like that I can lock it in momentary only too.

I’ve tried to capture the side differences between the lights below.

Now, I do plan on putting the RM2 on my 14.5 inch lPVO carbine. Maybe add the pressure switch too. It is great light and design.

Name:  IMG_6834.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  50.0 KB

Name:  IMG_6836.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  100.7 KB

Name:  IMG_6837.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  97.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec