Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF Raids Larry Vickers? Anyone know anything about this?

(quote removed)

And now here's Alex Jones with the weather.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 10-22-2023 at 01:54 PM.

Moved to other thread.
    Last edited by Bucky; 10-21-2023 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sickeness View Post
    Larry Vickers is a true hero who served this country with distinction during America's heyday for an Administration that gave a shit about Americans, not to mention all he has done for the gun community in the past 15-20 years. You may not like the man, but saying that he's a dirty motherfucker and in bed with our enemies is downright disrespectful. The fact that you felt the need to express such a dumb opinion is absolutely shameful.
    “Show me a hero and I'll show you a bum.”-Gregory Boyington

It's possible to be both a hero and a corrupt bastard. It's always disappointing in the extreme to see someone who has done great things give in to the lesser angels or our nature, but it happens every day. I can still respect what LAV did in the Army, but I won't cry for him now.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Vickers was just in CT for a LE only class that took place on the New Haven PD range. NHPD got comped two slots for use of the range. Does the stink come back on the guy who arranged the event?

Vickers is still promoting his firearms training as recent as 2 hours ago on FB. Automated posting? Scheduled class in CA Nov. 4-5.
    https://www.lsrc-usa.com/collections...perator-course

The comments on his FaceBook post advertising the class are getting Spicy!

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...93695238786974

He can still teach. He just can’t touch a real firearm or ammunition so he can’t demo.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Vickers was just in CT for a LE only class that took place on the New Haven PD range. NHPD got comped two slots for use of the range. Does the stink come back on the guy who arranged the event?
    What stink and why would it come back on them? Supposing the use of the range was officially arranged and the PD was compensated, not the individual officer(s) for personal gain , there shouldn't be any ethics violation. Vickers only entered into a plea agreement on October 19th, so 922(g) wouldn't impact him before then since the indictment was sealed until the 19th as well.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

My oh my, how the internet turns on it's own.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Read the plea agreement.

The “creative” law letters for personal collections are one thing. Violating sanctions with a hostile power are a whole other ball game.

Hypothetically say you’re using the “creative” law letters to flip MG for profit instead of personal collecting. Use a creative law letter to acquire post sample MGs then have your SOT shut down and sell off its post sample MGs. Post sample MG sold by an SOT going out of business are exempt law letters. So your 1500 dollar Post Sample is now worth $15,000 (or more). Say you acquire dozens of PS MG at $10k or more profit each. Then you get a new SOT for your new company “rinse and repeat” a few times and you’re talking real money.

Or using “creative” law letters to acquire PS MG for use in monetized videos. Mail fraud ? Wire fraud ?

TLDR there is more going on here and apparently a lot of money involved. I’ve never seen IRS Criminal Investigations get involved in anything involving less than 7 figures.
    Thanks for breaking it down. Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    What stink and why would it come back on them? Supposing the use of the range was officially arranged and the PD was compensated, not the individual officer(s) for personal gain , there shouldn't be any ethics violation. Vickers only entered into a plea agreement on October 19th, so 922(g) wouldn't impact him before then since the indictment was sealed until the 19th as well.
    922(g) won’t apply until he’s actually convicted. 922(n) may apply after arraignment, which I believe also happened on the 19th.

Remember the cornerstone of Federal criminal prosecutions: The first to squeal gets the deal.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

User Tag List