Thread: USPSA Now Being Sued - Allegedly Not a Valid Corporation

Name:  IMG_0473.jpeg
Views: 263
Size:  64.6 KB

Site Supporter
    Maybe USPSA can run a BUG match?
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I'd consider suing to be reinstated if banned. USPSA means a lot to me, and I've never made a cent from it.
    Exactly! I don’t think many get what a huge part of some overly / overtly passionate people the shooting sports may become. The first 20 some of my now 31 years in the sport were. Imagine giving up opportunities to get lucky because you had a match the next day. (If older me could go back and time and ask younger me WTF!?).

I still enjoy a few matches a month, but the obsession has long fizzled.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I tend to be a glass half full kind of guy. I’ll enjoy the sport for what it is.

Nothing the board or org does changes my enjoyment of the sport itself.

I love America despite mismanagement of resources and political shenanigans.

I’m not moving to New Zealand or Canada either.

I’ll keep on with USPSA until my enjoyment gets impacted.

If it folds, it folds. I’ve wasted more money on sillier things.

USPSA as a sport still has some of my favorite people locally and one of my favorite things to do on a weekend.
    Where I can legally choose to not give funds to inept organizations, I don’t.

While I still shoot handguns weekly, I went back to competing with rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Well, if I am honest, it is more complicated than it may seem. USPSA has mismanaged practical shooting in the USA for ~10'ish years.

BUT it hasn't been enough, to cost them their IPSC Affiliation. IPSC only recognizes ONE affiliate org in the United States. That org gets to define who represents Team USA in IPSC. That affiliation basically determines who is the practical shooting organization in the single biggest shooting culture on the planet.

If say, folks had enough of USPSA's bullshit and started their own league, they might call it the Practical Competition Shooting League, to grow your org and make it the premier org in the USA, you'd really want that IPSC Affiliation. If you were to find the skeletons on the USPSA closet, you could wrestle that IPSC Affiliation away.

That PCSL's board, bylaws, and sponsors are in-process of being constructed should probably be a clue. If we were to discover that say...Infinity is a founding sponsor and Infinity Team Shooter Joe was a board member...

That's my working hypothesis of one of the main reasons for this lawsuit. The other is to fuck over USPSA BOD who have been assholes and gotten away for it for too long.
    IPSC is just as corrupt if not more so than USPSA. USPSA has always been a little on the edges with IPSC for a lot of reasons. But USPSA is IPSC's deepest talent pool as well as it largest single nation source of members. I would be suprised if IPSC cared about our problems/ccoruption. We would be joining the party.

Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post
    Where I can legally choose to not give funds to inept organizations, I don’t.

While I still shoot handguns weekly, I went back to competing with rifles.
    I think that’s a reasonable perspective.

From mine, USPSA isn’t inept because they put out a product I find a good value.

If the corporation goes belly up, so be it.

I own a Boberg and a Coonan.

Both companies are out of business but I liked their guns so bought them.

Same thing here. As long as I like the product and find it worth the money, the org structure doesn’t disqualify the sport for me. Sure, I’d prefer a more put together org… but me leaving doesn’t promote that all.

Dunno. The sport in general has really high turnover.

If you look at a sample match result of a local club, most of the participants are within the last 5 years.

As long as fresh blood keeps coming in and the key club members that donate blood and sweat to run matches stay, the sport continues on.

Really, the vast majority of competitors burn out, lose interest or just find other things to do.
    ALL individual, sanctioned, world-governing-body level organized sports have approximately a 30%/year turnover rate. I can show receipts about this, but suffice it to say USPSA is not unique in this attribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    ALL individual, sanctioned, world-governing-body level organized sports have approximately a 30%/year turnover rate. I can show receipts about this, but suffice it to say USPSA is not unique in this attribute.
    Oh I agree with you.

I’m just saying that random casual competitors saying “I’m taking my ball and going home” aren’t going to move the needle unless USPSA fails to attract new members or the vets that actually run matches go away.

It could happen but I think most will be lost in the noise of attrition.

Oh I agree with you.

I’m just saying that random casual competitors saying “I’m taking my ball and going home” aren’t going to move the needle unless USPSA fails to attract new members or the vets that actually run matches go away.

It could happen but I think most will be lost in the noise of attrition.
    This is, of course, the heart of the matter- the ~5% who do the 95% of the work required at the local and regional level to put on matches.

Without that dedicated group, you literally have no USPSA. Same for a great many individual sports.

As annoying as the USPSA governance issues are, I would quit New Mexico way before quitting USPSA. While there will be discontent, bitching and moaning, I don't see those who regularly participate in USPSA matches leaving the organization.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List