Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield teasing a 2011?

Back from the gunsmith. I had him fit an EGW sear and Hammer. I didn't get the ignition kit since it was out of stock, so these are two independent parts that had to be fit for optimal results. I try a lot of things myself, but I'm wouldn't attempt this without the proper fixtures and tools. The trigger is a really, really nice 3.5 pounds.

At this juncture I've had the following replaced:

• Hammer
    • Sear
    • Safety
    • Slide Stop
    • Hammer/Sear Pins
    • Firing Pin
    • Mainspring (19#)
    • Hammer Strut/Pin
    • Extractor

I fired 200 flawless (chuckle) rounds through it immediately upon receipt. Hopefully it doesn't choke this weekend, since I'm shooting two matches with it. The trigger is nice, which makes it easy to turn out these results at 10 yards.

Name:  IMG_7076.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  24.4 KB
    If you're not going to learn to use the front sight properly, don't bother with it. If pointing the gun, screaming "Ahhhhh!" and cranking on the trigger is all you can learn to do, work on doing that safely. -ToddG

Quote Originally Posted by 60167 View Post
    Back from the gunsmith. I had him fit an EGW sear and Hammer. I didn't get the ignition kit since it was out of stock, so these are two independent parts that had to be fit for optimal results. I try a lot of things myself, but I'm wouldn't attempt this without the proper fixtures and tools. The trigger is a really, really nice 3.5 pounds.

At this juncture I've had the following replaced:

• Hammer
    • Sear
    • Safety
    • Slide Stop
    • Hammer/Sear Pins
    • Firing Pin
    • Mainspring (19#)
    • Hammer Strut/Pin
    • Extractor

I fired 200 flawless (chuckle) rounds through it immediately upon receipt. Hopefully it doesn't choke this weekend, since I'm shooting two matches with it. The trigger is nice, which makes it easy to turn out these results at 10 yards.

Name:  IMG_7076.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  24.4 KB
    Nice.

Running the factory mags still?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I have 4x Factory 20 round mags and 2x Atlas mags. I primarily train with the two oldest factory 20 round mags. I've never ever had a feeding issue so I'm thinking they are good to go. I have probably 7500 rounds between those two mags alone.
    If you're not going to learn to use the front sight properly, don't bother with it. If pointing the gun, screaming "Ahhhhh!" and cranking on the trigger is all you can learn to do, work on doing that safely. -ToddG

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Yup as mentioned that extractor should be fine - HOWEVER, because the Prodigy plate mount screw holes break into the extractor tunnel, and stick into it slightly - you might need to relieve the top of the extractor body (not the hook area, but the bit inbetween the fitting pad and the rear of the gun) to fit under them. EGW likes making things chonky, which is fine, but the Prodigy is an edge case here...just be aware of that. If you go to seat the extractor and it makes contact with the screws, just back it out and pretty literally break out a dremel with a grinding bit on it, and start making a flat spot on the top of the body of the extractor. Go slow, don't heat the part up, and you should be fine.
    Why wouldn’t you just shorten the screw?

Quote Originally Posted by Mfbpt View Post
    Why wouldn’t you just shorten the screw?
    You could, I guess, but as far as I know this problem only happens with a couple of EGW extractors - though now that I think about it, all the posts I've read about people replacing extractors in Prodigies, they've always been with an EGW...maybe other extractors won't have this issue?

I also have no idea if other optic plates are thicker depending on the optic.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    You could, I guess, but as far as I know this problem only happens with a couple of EGW extractors - though now that I think about it, all the posts I've read about people replacing extractors in Prodigies, they've always been with an EGW...maybe other extractors won't have this issue?

I also have no idea if other optic plates are thicker depending on the optic.

One of the things I did when I pulled the OEM extractor was check the channel for the screw protruding. Sure enough, it protruded enough to keep the new EGW from going in. I shortened the screw so the new extractor could slide in and out without issue.

If you just filed a spot on the extractor, then theoretically you may not be able to remove the extractor once the optics plate is on.

My LGS has one to rent out, 5 incher. I took it for a spin. Five FTRB in 20 rounds is par for the course for these, I presume. Shoots soft but I prefer faster cycling guns.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    My LGS has one to rent out, 5 incher. I took it for a spin. Five FTRB in 20 rounds is par for the course for these, I presume. Shoots soft but I prefer faster cycling guns.
    I would say 5 failures in 20 rounds is below par.

If I ran a rental range, I would not offer up a crank gun like that.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I think they should send it back to SA so they can make it run right. I sent mine in. It didn’t take long and it cost nothing.

User Tag List