Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mexico Governor suspends carrying of firearms in Albuquerque for 30 days

I’m just curious how many liberal mayors, city council members and city attorneys will pressure their appointed police chiefs to enforce these edicts (because more are coming… across the country… you can count on it) under penalty of immediate suspension/termination. I’d venture to say more will toe the line, choose their pension and paycheck over the constitutional rights of the public.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I wonder how Karenesque compares to Kafkaesque? Literary minds want to know.
    Both are senseless, disorienting and menacing, but one is defined by its complexity and the other by is “Basicness”. And love for Pumpkin Spice Lattes. One also loves to co-opt the latest social media causes gets overy emotionally attached to their irrational opinions and feelings.

Ohhh, and one of them has a stunningly bad haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimagirus View Post
    Both are senseless, disorienting and menacing, but one is defined by its complexity and the other by is “Basicness”. And love for Pumpkin Spice Lattes. One also loves to co-opt the latest social media causes gets overy emotionally attached to their irrational opinions and feelings.

Ohhh, and one of them has a stunningly bad haircut.
    That is a much more complete reply than I had even hoped for. Bravo!

(I did get a kick out of the "overy emotionally"...we have to take our laughs where we can get them anymore...while it's legal. Speaking of Kafka. Don't want to end up in the Penal Colony.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I wonder if we could recall her somehow. Anyone know if there’s a process for that?

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I wonder if we could recall her somehow. Anyone know if there’s a process for that?
    Read several analysis' of this situation that say there's no recall process for Governor in NM. Not a resident, so I dunno. At least one republican state lawmaker is calling for impeachment, though.

They need to stage a large non-compliance event….put the state police in a position to choose

Name:  IMG_0964.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  42.5 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    They need to stage a large non-compliance event….put the state police in a position to choose
    I think that would be counterproductive. The state police isn’t your opponent, and I doubt they’re enthused about this declaration either.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Name:  IMG_0965.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  60.1 KB

User Tag List