Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: New Beretta 80X Cheetah

I wonder if they'll make it in 22 LR?

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Do we know whether they're ever going to reissue the bronze launch version? I really wanted that one and didn't realize it was time-limited.
    I seriously doubt it. Beretta’s launch editions, 80X and 92XI, are supposed to be limited releases. Every time I found the 80X launch edition they were being sold for 50-100% more than MSRP. 92XI Launch, oddly enough was selling for just 88% of MSRP.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    That’s an intriguing idea. Do you have any more information, or source for this?
    About the only thing wrong with the 81BB (in my wife’s view) is the lack of a decock function. But if the 81 barrel fits and functions in the 80X, then she could benefit from the larger sights, too.
    I just wonder how the extractor would engage the .32 ACP rim on the larger breachface of the .380 slide…
    Someone on reddit said they shot it. I have an 81 barrel and an 84f and 80x. At some point I will try it. The 81 barrel is what my wife normally shoots in her 84f and that is common to swap barrels so I dont think it would be an issue in an 80x as far as the extractor. I just wish someone would make a functional optics plate now.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Shackleford View Post
    Someone on reddit said they shot it. I have an 81 barrel and an 84f and 80x. At some point I will try it. The 81 barrel is what my wife normally shoots in her 84f and that is common to swap barrels so I dont think it would be an issue in an 80x as far as the extractor. I just wish someone would make a functional optics plate now.
    Thanks for the additional info.

Are you aware of the Beretta offerings for RDO plates, or have you found them not to be functional?

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/collec...o-kit-holosun/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Thanks for the additional info.

Are you aware of the Beretta offerings for RDO plates, or have you found them not to be functional?

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/collec...o-kit-holosun/
    Earlier in the thread I showed a picture of how mine worked. I contacted beretta and they stated it was a known issue with all of the plates and they had no idea when it would be corrected. They let me ship it back and get refund. Another person posted pictures after a low round count of the plate damaging their optic. Its a very poor design and execution. I'm hoping there is an aftermarket option soon otherwise Ill likely get rid of the gun.

Site Supporter
    This is a gun that I really want to try. The optic problem is a non issue for me, because I will not be using one.

If the DA trigger pull is as good as some say, how hard would it be to make this a DAO? The same process as a 92?

Site Supporter
    For the good of the Order:

https://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=86229

A report from 2012 on the compatibility of Beretta 81 (.32 ACP) barrel in a Beretta 84 (.380 ACP) gun.

Apparently you need the correct double stack mag for caliber.
    I’ve tested the fit by putting an 81 barrel in an 80X and cycling dummy rounds through it.

Also a report on that forum that Allegheny Arms has threaded 81 (.32 ACP) barrels for sale.

I’ll put testing the 81 barrel in the 80X on my “to do” list…. After testing and chrono-ing various .380 loads, including some of my hand loads built for reduced recoil and some high-vel HP loads.
    I also have a RDO plate on the way from Beretta, as well as a Holosun HS407K from Amazon.
    Placed that order before seeing the report from @R_Shackleford re: Beretta RDO plates for another RDS. I’m hoping I have a better result, otherwise I’ve wasted some money.

Site Supporter
    Someone smarter than me can come along and smack me on the back of the head and school me, but doesn't the blowback method of operation make the extractor less important?

Thinking .32 vs .380.

I seem to recall magazine articles in the 80s-90s (can't cite sources) about blowback pistols and SMGs running just fine without extractors at all.

The force moving the slide back also moves the casing, Less friction because the barrel is not moving at all vis moving in two axis. Then the case head hits the ejector.

But I am not a an engineer by any means. @RJ .

I want one, and in .32 the wife will get one...or two....and two for me...

Want one of these more than I want an LTT 92...

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 08-27-2023 at 09:03 AM.

Yes, when upon occasion, everything works perfectly, the case will blow right back out of the chamber.
    The tip-up Berettas, .22, .32, and .380 do not have extractors and they SHOOT just fine.
    But a tactician will point out that they have no way to unload a live round in case of misfire or just ULSC.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Yes, when upon occasion, everything works perfectly, the case will blow right back out of the chamber.
    The tip-up Berettas, .22, .32, and .380 do not have extractors and they SHOOT just fine.
    But a tactician will point out that they have no way to unload a live round in case of misfire or just ULSC.
    You are right, of course, tactically. As a BUG or in the Mrs. hands the only unloading I am concerned about is through the muzzle....

pat

User Tag List