Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HK P2000

For me (5'10", 165 lbs., carry AIWB), 5.0" height is the Goldilocks Zone for shootability/capacity and concealability. This pretty much means the G19, P2000/USP Compact, and M&P 2.0. I carried a P2000 for a while and still have one around that lives in a hidden compartment in a backpack. Boring reliability, and, while it's flippy, less bouncy than the USPc, probably due to the lighter slide.

I'm one of the genetic freaks that can't handle extended paddles in my HKs. I had a P30 for a second, but kept activating the mag release under recoil and dropping mags.

I've also tried the P2000SK multiple times, and found that the size difference isn't worth it vs. the regular P2000. To notice a significant difference, I need to go to G26 size (4.2ish vs. 4.6ish for the P2000SK/M&P "sub-compact" guns).

I think it's a great "do everything" gun and would be a strong contender if I was limited to a single gun. It would probably be the winner if I was limited to a single gun and had to trust it out of the box, sight unseen.

Mag release issues aside, the height difference alone would be enough for me to choose the P2000 over the P30.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuefelhunden View Post
    Anecdotally, for what it is worth I don't have a 40 P30 but did have one in the P2000 and hated it. I like 40 in the USP and the USPc but not the 2000. My best shooting iron is a 40 USP so I'm not 40 adverse. I have a USP 45 and a 9mm USP Tactical and still prefer the USP 40. Nine is the sweet spot with the P2000.
    That mirrors what I've heard elsewhere; that 9mm is the sweet spot for the P2000, and .40 in it turns something pleasurable more than a bit of an unpleasant chore. I'll stick with the P30L for .40, but in the compact gun niche, I think my incoming Glock Gen5 G23 will be a better platform/cartridge marriage.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

May have to take these rarities for a range trip.

.357 Sig goodness
    Name:  20220121_155634.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  36.2 KB
    Participation does not equal Proficiency
    - Mike Pannone

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    May have to take these rarities for a range trip.
    I saw the first line and first thought you were gonna bust out some of the Euro-style P2000s.

It is a shame that H&K doesn't make anything modern that quite replaces the USP-C in 9mm for my wants. The USP-C needs a rail adapter, the HK45C only comes in .45 ACP, and the P2000 cannot be configured for cocked and locked.

I must be the odd guy here . I’m a rabid HK fanboy and currently own 7 of them but I don’t think I’ve ever even handled a P2000.
    So what’s the difference between it and a DA/SA P30 ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
    I must be the odd guy here . I’m a rabid HK fanboy and currently own 7 of them but I don’t think I’ve ever even handled a P2000.
    So what’s the difference between it and a DA/SA P30 ?
    P2000 is slightly earlier and more G19 size. It's an interim between the USP and P30, but it's still around because HK forgot to make a G19 size P30.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    P2000 is slightly earlier and more G19 size. It's an interim between the USP and P30, but it's still around because HK forgot to make a G19 size P30.
    That's funny, but in retrospect, pretty much right on, Noah.

A mid-sized VP would nicely fit the bill, but then that might orphan the SK....

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    That's funny, but in retrospect, pretty much right on, Noah.

A mid-sized VP would nicely fit the bill, but then that might orphan the SK....

Best, Jon
    HK seems to think that the VP and P30 with the admittedly generous array of factory mag extensions fit the bill... but for me, I just hate reloading a stubby gun with extensions vs something "just long enough" like a G19 or G48.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    @JonInWA

It's as if you don't know P30 holsters fit the P2000, and P30 mags work in the P2000.....
    Are they the same magazines? Or just that my P30 magazines work in the P2000 but not the other way around?

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Ha! Yup.

User Tag List